Civil Engineering Technologist/ Technician - Moncton/ Halifax
Do you love to develop and share great ideas? Do you believe your insights can drive people forward? Do you appreciate working with others and building on mutual successes? Perfect. We do, too.
As an employee-owned company, we foster a culture where our people can thrive – and by thrive, we mean a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
Are you ready to build a future that’s uniquely yours? Join our award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
Our Moncton and/or Halifax office is looking for a Civil Engineering Technologist / Technician to join their team.
Inspection, field surveys and CAD/MicroStation/Civil 3D work for construction projects including:
- Site inspection duties for sewer, watermain and road reconstruction & resurfacing projects.
- Conduct daily quantity measurements.
- Review engineering drawings.
- Monitor and report on Contractor’s progress through photographic and record keeping.
- Co-ordinate with the Project Manager, Contract Administrators, General Contractors and Municipal Staff.
- Process project payment certificates.
- Prepare project meeting notes.
- Co-ordinate 3rd party inspections with testing firms.
Support and assist senior staff with:
- Preparation of design and record drawings for projects in municipal infrastructure (watermains, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, pumping stations and roads).
- Assist with preparation of Contract Specifications.
- Preparation of AutoCAD/MicroStation/Civil 3D design drawings.
- Reviewing engineering drawings and municipal standards.
- As-constructed surveys.
- Review of as-constructed surveys and preparation of as-constructed drawings.
- A graduate of a 3-year college level civil engineering technologist program or a 2-year civil engineering technician program.
- Certified Engineering Technologist or Technician designation would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD/MicroStation/Civil 3D.
- Experience with sewer, watermain and road reconstruction projects is preferred.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrates superior English communication skills both oral and written.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients.
We don’t settle for less, and neither should you. As it happens, offering great benefits to our people is entirely possible: the numbers work out. Happy teams mean happy clients. It’s just that simple. From recruitment to flexibility, learning to leadership, wellness to inclusion, we give our people the tools they need to outperform in their careers and build lasting connections with our clients, our culture, and each other.
- Competitive compensation packages and performance-based bonuses
- Health, paramedical, vision, and dental coverage
- A flexible vacation policy that lets you determine your time off based on your other responsibilities and needs
- Top-up plans for new and expecting parents
- Firm-paid holidays, summer and winter breaks, and other leaves of absence that cover everything from extra family time, jury duty, or even completing a degree
- RVA Group Pension Plan with match
- Global Travel Assist Program that provides emergency out-of-country medical protection for you and your eligible family members on personal and business trips
- Access to a variety of free services (e.g., employee and family assistance programs, nutrition advice, caregiver support) and employee discounts (e.g., sports and entertainment tickets, major brands, insurance plans)
- Flexible and alternative work arrangements around core hours, including telecommuting and work-from-home options
At RVA, we are committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. RVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you require any special accommodations, please advise Human Resources. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
- 860 Main St Suite 801, Moncton, NB E1C 1G2, Canada
- 99 Wyse Rd, Dartmouth, NS B3A 4S5, Canada