Lead, Electrical Engineer
More About This Project and Role
RAM’s Engineering team requires a lead electrical engineer to join our team, providing services to public utilities, private developers, and municipalities. This person will have opportunity to work with clients developing high value solutions, while leading the electrical team and delivery of requirements.
- Manage the Electrical Engineering Team, including advising on training and professional development for staff;
- Identify resource fluctuations and assist with recruiting key staff, as required;
- Create the division’s strategy and set key performance indicators for the division and staff;
- Maintain division’s procedures and templates to successfully deliver projects and strategy;
- Responsible for Business Development and the pursuit of new clients, as well as maintaining relationship with existing clients to foster repeat business;
- Lead, participate, and contribute to the RFP process including writing execution methodology and estimating hours and costs for various opportunities;
- Preparation and submission of project approvals and design packages;
- Develop scope definition and clarifications, capital cost estimates, calculations and preparation of detailed design packages, construction scope descriptions, and material take-offs;
- Create detailed electrical designs for power distribution, standby power distribution, control, communication, and lighting for commercial, industrial and municipal sectors;
- Perform technical calculations and utilize software for load calculations, arc flash, fault & coordination studies, power system design following applicable utility, national or international standards and codes;
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety by design principals in the project work;
- Respond to information requests from site, construction audits, field reviews and completing project documentation including ‘as-builts’, calculations and return of data to the client; and
- Act as the key contact on projects with clients, stakeholders and sub-consultants, managing and enhancing client relationships.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- 5+ years of electrical infrastructure project experience, including industrial, utilities and municipal;
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Post-Secondary Institute;
- Registered P.Eng with EGBC
- Ability and experience acting as an Engineer of Record considered an asset;
- Familiar with industry standards and international codes such as the Canadian Electrical Code, IEC, and IEEE;
- Adept understanding of utility and industrial power distribution systems, power systems analysis, and substation design;
- Working knowledge of industry used software such as CAD Design Software packages (MicroStation and/ or AutoCAD), DAD, Passport, PLS-CADD, and ETAP considered an asset;
- Experience leading project or functional teams considered and asset;
- Construction and/or field engineering experience considered an asset; and
- Experience with business development activities including the RFP process and Proposal preparation/submission considered an asset.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Planning
- Extended Health Benefits
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For four consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada