Project HSE Coordinator
- Be the first point of contact for all HSE matters at the project site.
- Represent Prime Contractor in a Multiple Employer Workplace.
- Responsible for working with RAM Corporate Safety and the project teams on the development, implementation, operations, and overseeing of Project Safety Programs.
- Review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and design site-specific programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent injuries.
- Assist Project and Construction Managers and other project members in championing and enforcing safety regulations and codes.
- Document and analyze safety metrics and conduct/review incident reports to discover trends to assess appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
- Direct and review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs for sub-contractors.
- Maintain records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence relative to safe work procedures.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly inspection activity reports.
- Review incident reports to detect problem areas related to employee safety. Gathers evidence and prepare reports on code violation complaints and incidents/injuries.
- Maintain administrative control of records related to safety and health programs.
- Conduct jobsite surveys on a regular basis to detect code violations, hazards, improper work practices and recommend corrective actions.
- Conduct training, orientation, toolbox and safety meetings for new hire employees, subcontractors, contractors, consultants and other site visitors as necessary.
- Provide advice and recommendations to management, sub-contractors, and other client groups on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions.
- Implement and act as a resource to the JOHS committee as required by WSBC and OHS legislation.
- Attend and participate in site safety and toolbox meetings on a regular basis.
- Maintain office supplies, safety equipment and earthquake inventory.
- Support or leading Proposals and/or responding to opportunities relating to Safety Services Other duties as required
- 3+ years in an HSE role for heavy civil or industrial construction.
- CRST or CRSP designation or actively working towards.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Skype, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint).
- Keen attention to detail and exceptional communication skills when preparing business correspondence (verbal and written).
- Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Pleasant, calm demeanor and customer-service oriented.
- Strong work ethic, ability to use tact and good professional judgment.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Career Planning
- Extended Health Benefits
- RAM Intramural teams
- Office Social Hours
- Business Casual Environment
- Quarterly Office Events
- Office Potlucks
- Community Involvement Days
- Quarterly Goal Setting
- Annual Performance and Salary Reviews
For four consecutive years, RAM has made Canadian Business and Maclean’s Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the Growth 500 profiles the country’s most successful growing businesses.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your professional career, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com. RAM is committed to employment equity and hires based on merit.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada