Project Manager, PMO
What’s it like working as a Project Manager at Questrade?
As a Project Manager at Questrade, you will work alongside a cross-functional team of Product Owners, Senior Managers, Technology teams and an Agile PMO. You will serve a range of different stakeholders and be responsible for building relationships and reporting on the status of projects and tasks. Reporting to your manager, you will help prioritize projects as they are requested and work to ensure your projects are running as efficiently as possible.
The position involves:
- Project Management of projects for Questrade
- Creating plans for projects
- Creating a managing budgets for projects
- Aligning stakeholders and technical teams on release readiness
- Identifying project timelines and dependencies
- Using Questrade PMO Agile practices to deliver high quality project deliverables
- Provide end-to-end project management; this includes developing a detailed plan, work back schedules, project estimates, status reports and continuously updating internal and external teams on progress.
- Act as the key contact for internal stakeholders, and a conduit between stakeholders and technology team.
- Holds project meetings to ensure projects meet deadlines and specifications. Prepares project tracking, reports, and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Complies with and stays current of all banking policies and procedures.
- Performs risk and issue tracking and reporting, status gathering, and report development.
- Supports SAFe methodology and milestone management processes for multiple projects.
- Identify project risks and work with the Senior Program Manager to identify and implement mitigating strategies as required.
- Assists in developing business proposals and project documentation to meet executive’s needs.
- Maintains good knowledge on current and emerging technologies with ability to convert their relevance to banking initiatives as appropriate.
Candidates having the following experience are preferred:
- Expected to have a strong understanding of project implementation methodologies and project management. PMP and CSM or equivalent certifications are an advantage.
- Project management experience within the financial services industry (preferably within a technology delivery role).
- Experience and understanding of projects involving systems integration and/or development of brand new applications.
- Experience with Canadian financial industry regulatory requirements and practices.
- Technical competence and understanding of operations principles within financial services organizations.
- Experience working in Agile methodologies and practices such as Scrum and Kanban as well as Scaled Agile Framework and familiarity with agile project management workflows (milestones, critical paths, creative briefs, work back schedules)
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Extremely organized and have excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to remain flexible and change direction/focus given competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal, communication and documentation skills are required.
- 3-5 years of related work experience or equivalent in banking/financial services
- Experience working with project management software; Excel and MS Project, (MS Visio, JIRA, Confluence an asset) as well as Google Suite
- Strong Understanding of business, data, process, and object-oriented analysis and modeling techniques.
- Graduate in computer science, information technology, business management or equivalent
Sounds like you? Click below to apply! #LI-DM1 #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid #LI-Onsite
- Pay Type Salary
- 5700 Yonge St, North York, ON M2N 5M9, Canada