Abbotsford, BC, Canada ● Office, 20385 64 Ave, Langley, British Columbia, Canada Req #218
Thursday, July 7, 2022
Title: Creative Specialist
Ministry: P2C Creative Services + Development
Location: Hybrid, Langley, BC ( Abbotsford in Jan 2023)
Reports to: Creative Services Manager
Position type: Part-time, permanent ( 30 hours / week)
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. The overarching goals of Creative Services + Development are to increase revenue generation, engagement, and sustainability as we support the ministries of P2C in helping people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
This Creative Specialist role is multidisciplinary in nature with a focus on copy, editing and design. The ideal Creative Specialist is a strong editor, versatile writer, and creative storyteller with expertise in marketing and communications. The Creative Specialist is also well versed in basic design, layout and print work. They will work closely with the Digital Content Designer and with ministries to develop new website designs or campaign materials. This position reports to the Creative Services Manager and will work collaboratively with the department’s design and copywriting teams.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Storytelling & Communications
- You manage the P2C style guide and ensure adherence to brand guidelines.
- You facilitate brand templates to meet various ministry needs including, print, online, web and design.
- You manage relationships with key vendors, including agencies, printers and contractors.
- You work closely with Development to facilitate donor communications including acknowledgment letters, impact reports, annual reports and P2C Connect.
- You develop, write, and edit ethical, empathetic, and compelling content for the quarterly donor newsletter, campaigns, email journeys, websites, video scripts, event materials, donor letters, etc.
- You consult, research, organize information, and conduct interviews as needed.
- You interpret creative briefs and develop campaign concepts with ministry copywriting and design teams.
- You proofread, edit, and improve copy to ensure accuracy, coherence, and alignment to P2C style guide, themes, and theological vision.
- You provide ministries with support, feedback, and coaching on a case-by-case basis.
- You curate story and photo banks; work with ministries to identify stories for various mediums; interviews donors, staff, ministry participants; writes compelling pieces to engage a variety of audiences.
- You work closely with the Digital Content Designer and with ministries to develop effective, engaging, on brand design
- You ensure brand consistency between Power to Change and the ministries
- You have a deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- You have a genuine desire to see people’s lives transformed by Jesus
- A passionate commitment to communicating the gospel and a keen interest in Christian ministry work.
- You excel at writing, researching, and brand messaging.
- You are able to write professionally for varied audiences.
- You have strong design skills, and can creatively express ideas and concepts.
- You are able to articulate ideas in a persuasive, organized, and effective manner.
- You are self-motivated, a team builder, and able to work independently.
- You are curious, exhibit strong skills in problem-solving, comfortable in asking questions, investigating, and researching.
- You are proficient with Google Suite or equivalent.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant writing experience.
- Familiarity with professional writing and branding.
- Degree in English, Communications, or Marketing, is an asset.
- WordPress and social media experience are considered an asset.
- Experience with design software such as Canva
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
What We Offer Our Staff
- Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits (25+hours)
- Group RRSP contribution options with up to 2.5% matching after 1 year of employment
- Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation
- Vacation time between Christmas and New Year
- Mentorship opportunities
- Weekly Chapel services
- Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
- Discounts at our P2C Store
- Free registration for our FamilyLife Weekend Getaway
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Abbotsford, BC, Canada
- Office, 20385 64 Ave, Langley, British Columbia, Canada