About the opportunity:
MCAN Financial Group is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to join its Treasury team!
The Treasury Analyst plays a key role in an energetic Treasury team, by collaborating with the Manager, Treasury and Senior Analyst, ALM to support ongoing operations and analytics. This involves developing, preparing and maintaining models and materials for Funding & Liquidity programs including the securitization program, deposit program and lines of credit. The Analyst will support the ALM process by supporting the advancement of the stress testing program and producing high quality materials for MCAN’s Asset Liability Committee (ALCO).
About the MCAN Treasury Team:
- Collaborative team dynamic
- Growth and development oriented
- Highly engaged and driven
What you will be responsible for:
Securitization and Deposits:
- Inform funding strategy by assessing economics of securitization programs on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with the Senior Analyst, ALM in developing materials to guide management in its deposit pricing and volume strategies.
- Act as secretary of the Residential Lending Pricing Committee and maintain updates, minutes and decisions in an appropriate manner.
- Support MCAN’s securitization operations by preparing ongoing regulatory reporting performing fair valuations and maintaining loan inventory.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Treasury to maintain the cash management model on a daily basis.
- Support liquidity management by administering MCAN’s lines of credit.
Asset Liability Management:
- Contribute to driving MCAN’s stress testing program by supporting its advancement, executing monthly reporting and maintaining documentation to reflect latest methodology and assumptions.
- Support with design and promoting high quality reporting to ALCO committee.
The work experience, skills, education that you bring to thrive:
- Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in the banking and finance industry a plus.
- Strong grasp of financial and accounting concepts including duration risk, risk premia, securitization, variance analysis, amortization and derivatives.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience in R, Python and/or SQL a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated time management and critical thinking skills.
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada