The #MCANLIFE is shaped around a culture of customer-centricity for both internal and external clients and powered by genuine collaboration. We are a home for talented professionals seeking a more connected career and one that allows them to use more of their skills.
#MCANLIFE means you can connect, discover, and grow.
We were recently certified from Great Place to Work® Canada and are thrilled to be recognized on the 2022 list of Best Workplaces for Women!
The Investment Analyst will be responsible to perform credit underwriting, analysis and reporting to support and sustain sound credit risk management of the Investment portfolio in compliance with Risk Appetite Framework, policies and procedures.
This role reports to the Director, Mortgage Investments and will support in the overall management of the Investment portfolio (primarily residential construction lending) and achieving financial and non-financial objectives of the Investment Unit.
What you will be responsible for:
- Provide analysis and updates on strategic initiatives, origination volumes, pipelines, portfolio and limit management, risk challenge, arrears, monitored account status and market conditions
- Assist in analyzing new origination opportunities in lending - residential construction and commercial term loans.
- Support completion of independent credit assessment and due diligence of new or existing opportunities
- Coordinate receipt and review of key source documents as required
- Comply with policies, procedures to ensure governance and applicable regulatory frameworks and standards are maintained
- Complete activities as assigned to report Investments, summarize performance of Annual Reviews, Borrower Covenant Tracking (to CCC), Monitored Accounts Status (to CCC), Higher Risk Loan Status (to CCC)
- Support timely completion of audit observations and findings in accordance with management and Board timelines
The education, experience, and skills that you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or post secondary education preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience with exposure to residential construction underwriting and commercial term lending
- Strong analytical skill set with the ability to problem solve effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Highly organized with an outstanding attention to detail
- Effective time management skills; works well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to balance multiple demands and challenging priorities; ability to prioritize workload
- Willingness to learn in a dynamic environment that includes new ideas and change
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Perm FT
- Toronto, ON, Canada