Product Portfolio Manager - Platform
What you'll do:
The Product Portfolio Manager – Platform leads the delivery and operation of the Enterprise Application and Infrastructure Platform on behalf of the Land Title and Survey Authority (LTSA) product teams within the context of the corporate strategic business plan. Reporting to the Director, Research & Development, the role manages continuous development among evolving product teams and LTSA business needs. This Platform portfolio includes building and operating a foundation of self-service APIs, tools, and core software services, and support services which LTSA product teams leverage to deliver their own product features. Product teams use this Platform to build, test, deploy, and operate their own products in a continuous fashion at a frequent pace and with reduced team coordination requirements.
Develops, maintains and proactively communicates the vision, roadmap, strategy and Enterprise Application Platform Architecture across Business Innovation and Technology (BI&T)
- Portfolio Vision - Describes the future state of the platform portfolio’s products and how they will cooperate to achieve the portfolio’s overall objectives in alignment with the overall LTSA strategy.
- Portfolio Roadmap - Understands external customer-facing Product team needs and delivers a curated set of re-usable application services and an infrastructure platform over time to increase Product development efficiencies.
- Portfolio Architecture - Works with the Architects to translate the portfolio vision and roadmap into effective and feasible technology selections and implementation plans.
- Business Cases - Prepares and approves business cases for new or major product enhancements for the portfolio.
- Budgets - Establishes budgets that provide funding for portfolio development, aligned with the portfolio vision and roadmap and overall LTSA business objectives.
- Financial Guard Rails - Establish financial guardrails such as spending policies and practices for the entire portfolio.
- Proactively Conveys the Portfolio Vision and Roadmap - Ensures all members of the Product team and internal/external stakeholders are united around the same vision and strategy.
- Product Requirements - Works proactively with Product team leadership to ensure that the Platform team is delivering the right capabilities at the right time and in doing so, ensures that dependencies and constraints are understood and actively managed.
- Frequent Platform Delivery - Frequently delivers platform capabilities to Product teams in ways that reduce disruption and increase the Product team’s ability to adopt them quickly
- Managing Technical Debt - Finds the balance between adding new capabilities vs. reducing technical debt/complexity in order to reduce long-term maintenance costs for the platform.
- Drive Platform Usage and Onboarding - Ensures the Platform team works collaboratively with Product teams (seen as customers) to help teams adopt the platform in everyday use and actively contribute to its continuous improvement.
- Customer-focus - Ensures extensive internal Product team feedback is received to ensure the “voice of the customer” is understood and reflected in the portfolio’s vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Team leadership - All members of the Product teams are clear on their roles, responsibilities, and decision rights required to achieve the portfolio and product roadmaps.
- TRR/TRB/ORR Milestone Reviews - Makes the final product acceptance decision at the TRR, TRB and ORR milestone reviews for platform-related deploys.
- Operations - Ensures the Platform team effectively operates all assigned production systems and responds to production incidents based on standard practice.
- Forecast and budget dynamically - Allocate budgets across the portfolio in a fluid, dynamic way that considers historical actual costs and project and category costs (e.g. maintenance, security). Often revisited every 6 months or when significant events occur and likely to estimate stories by the hour.
- Measure Portfolio Performance - Establish minimum metrics to ensure strategy implementation, spending aligns with agreed boundaries, and results are continually improving.
- Budget and Business Outcomes – Ensures the team operates within agreed budget/schedule and that the platform portfolio is generating the business benefits agreed to in the business case.
- Continuous Compliance - Continuous and early adherence to internal or external financial auditing constraints, industry legal or regulatory guidelines and BI&T guard rails where these obligations may impose significant limits on solution development and operations.
- Collaboration and Best Practices - Ensures collaboration and alignment across architecture, technology, and business, and contributes to corporate best practices guidelines
We encourage you to apply if you have:
Education and Experience
- Professional degree such as computer science, engineering or business
- 10+ years of relevant experience in product management, preferably in a regulated sector with high transaction volumes.
- Strong business background and understanding of how to work within the customer and stakeholder groups landscape
- Experience with preparing and getting approval of product road maps, and business cases.
- Experience with continuously improving and innovating existing electronic services in order to both enhance customer experience and reduce operational costs.
- Experience with defining and launching new lines of business, utilizing electronic service delivery.
- Extensive information technology experience preferred.
- Experience with real estate or public sector preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively translate business needs and desires into technical/functional requirements.
- Emphasizes an entrepreneurial spirit, independent and creative thinking, and leadership through collaboration, not authority.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness to the team and takes calculated risks to achieve results.
- Able to set product priorities, resolve competing priorities, and communicate direction to the team
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and effectively solves problems across multiple domains and stakeholders.
- Inspires and motivates the team and instills a culture of trust, empowerment, and continuous improvement.
- Is naturally curious about customer and operational processes and problems and is obsessed with solving those problems effectively.
- Understands how to lead a team where the work spans public policy, operations, and technology domains.
- Is effective in translating business language to technical language as needed to bridge the gap between business and technical domain.
- Is conversant in the language used by software developers as needed to ensure the product realizes its vision
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to present ideas in user-friendly language within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Job Family Management
- Pay Type Salary