Test Automation Developer
Vancouver, BC, Canada Req #57
Monday, June 20, 2022
Do you want to work for one of BC’s Top Employers for 2022 and join an innovative, technology-driven and growth-focused organization?
LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is looking to hire a Test Automation Developer to join our Business Innovation & Technology division!
Who we are:
LandSure is a subsidiary of the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA), a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC's land title and survey systems. Our team of nearly 100 employees supports the LTSA through information system consulting services, project management, customer support, and communications.
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. In support of the Province’s 30-point housing plan, LandSure has helped the LTSA build and launch the Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register as well as the Land Owner Transparency Registry, a first-of-its-kind registry.
We offer an innovative, performance-driven culture. We have helped the LTSA become a leader in automated property registration and through technology, we are reducing turnaround time for customers and improving the consistency, accuracy and efficiency of the LTSA’s services. We also build and manage innovative products such as ParcelMap BC and AUTOPROP, which support access to information for the land and real estate sectors.
We offer balance. LandSure provides employees with the ability to work for a stable, independent, values-driven technology company. The environment is entrepreneurial, innovative, and fast-paced yet supportive. Our culture is of mutual respect, constantly improving our professional and personal skills, and celebrating our accomplishments.
We believe in a hybrid of remote and in-office work and know you'll love our downtown Vancouver office as much as we do! Our employees can work either entirely in the office, or a hybrid of both in-office (2x/week) and remote. Therefore, applicants must currently live in British Columbia or have plans to relocate to British Columbia prior to their start date.
Visit landsure.ca/careers to learn more about why it's great to work at LandSure, including 3 weeks vacation to start, a generous bonus program, and a $550 health spending account.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Manager, Software Quality Assurance, the Test Automation Developer is responsible for designing, building and maintaining test automation and related infrastructure. The Test Automation Developer understands business requirements and builds automated processes to validate those requirements in an efficient and cost-effective manner. This role will also provide technical testing leadership to the organization.
This role requires the right blend of understanding test automation, a background in software development, and experience with highly complex enterprise software systems.
Primary duties include:
- Work with LandSure, LTSA and vendor teams to understand business requirements and define related test cases
- Develop test automation satisfying business requirements
- Design and program test automation infrastructure and tooling
- Execute test automation, analyze, and report on results
- Write documents and diagrams describing test cases, test automation design, and test infrastructure
- Analyze performance and quality of system under test
We encourage you to apply if you have:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive practical programming experience, particularly in Python
- Understanding of the Robot Testing Framework
- Fluent in Robot syntax
- Complete understanding of the built-in Robot Framework libraries, their use, and application
- Able to define test cases and keywords to be run by the Robot Framework and to structure test code in a way that is compatible with heterogeneous testing environments
- Capable of writing test library code compatible with the Robot Framework
- Knowledgeable in the practical use of Git, including branch management, rebases and submodule organization
- Ability and willingness to rapidly learn new technologies, programming languages, tools, and platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt in a complex and changing environment including an ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities, establish and reprioritize tasks, work independently, and meet deadlines
- A lifelong learner who is constantly striving to develop professionally and teach/mentor others
We are committed to fostering a safe, respectful and inclusive workplace where all employees can share their diverse views, skills and backgrounds. Valuing employee diversity strengthens workplace trust and enhances our ability to innovate in service of our customers and partners. Our hiring practices reflect this and we are committed to ensuring that our workforce reflects where we live and work. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy - To ensure the safety of our employees, all LTSA, LandSure and Autoprop employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees will be required to be fully vaccinated and may be required to provide proof of vaccination before the start of their employment.
Please note applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.