Vancouver, BC, Canada Req #49
Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Do you want to work for one of BC’s Top Employers for 2022 and join an innovative, technology-driven and growth-focused organization?
LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is looking to hire a Software Architect to join our Business Innovation & Technology division and work on an upcoming First Nations National Land Registry!
Who we are:
LandSure is a subsidiary of the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA), a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC's land title and survey systems. Our team of nearly 100 employees supports the LTSA through information system consulting services, project management, customer support, and communications.
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. In support of the Province’s 30-point housing plan, LandSure has helped the LTSA build and launch the Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register as well as the Land Owner Transparency Registry, a first-of-its-kind registry.
We offer an innovative, performance-driven culture. We have helped the LTSA become a leader in automated property registration and through technology, we are reducing turnaround time for customers and improving the consistency, accuracy and efficiency of the LTSA’s services. We also build and manage innovative products such as ParcelMap BC and AUTOPROP, which support access to information for the land and real estate sectors.
We offer balance. LandSure provides employees with the ability to work for a stable, independent, values-driven technology company. The environment is entrepreneurial, innovative, and fast-paced yet supportive. Our culture is of mutual respect, constantly improving our professional and personal skills, and celebrating our accomplishments.
We believe in a hybrid of remote and in-office work and know you'll love our downtown Vancouver office as much as we do! Our employees can work either entirely in the office, or a hybrid of both remote and in-office. Therefore, applicants must currently live in British Columbia or have plans to relocate to British Columbia.
Visit landsure.ca/careers to learn more about why it's great to work at LandSure, including 3 weeks vacation to start, a generous bonus program, and a $550 health spending account.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Architecture, the Software Architect is primarily accountable for the successful software architecture design by providing, communicating and evolving the broader technology and architectural view of new technology-based solutions and services as well as ongoing operations of our enterprise land title register and cadastral mapping systems.
The Software Architect shares responsibility for the software architecture design and integration of LTSA’s mission critical technology that consists of web-based and client/server-based systems, and a range of custom-developed and off-the-shelf applications on a suite of mixed technology platforms. The position works closely with our technology partners to ensure that changes to the systems are suitable for business operations, well designed, and operable for many years to come.
The Software Architect will provide technical leadership to the implementation of a First Nations National Land Registry. The vision for this project is to establish a shared, comprehensive, trusted, sustainable, and First Nations governed land registry for lands governed under a Land Code or self-government arrangement.
The primary duties of the Software Architect are to:
- Provide software architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Business Analysts, business and technical groups, and software development teams;
- Work closely with product manager, development, and operational teams to determine functional and non-functional requirements and design the software solution that is scalable, reliable and highly available;
- Maintaining the integrity of the software architectural design and ensuring architectural changes are suitable for business operations and compliance with the requirements;
- Working with LandSure system architect to provide technical leadership and expertise in support of system development life cycle;
- Working with the project and operational teams to solve technology challenges as it moves through development, testing, acceptance and into operations;
- Define technical strategies for keeping the technology platforms updated with forward-looking technology, and communicate and influence the longer-term strategic architecture;
- Conduct research and manage demonstration/proof-of-concept projects on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility;
- Maintain software architecture roadmaps and decision matrices that outline when and where to use various technology solutions and/or components; and
- Participate as a senior-level technical resource interacting with the extended third-party participants in the broader technology operation and support team.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Science, from an accredited institution; and
- Experienced software technology architecture design with a minimum of 8+ years of software development experience including 5+ years of application or software architecture experience with deep technology expertise.
- Proven proficiency in software architecture activities; such as develop architecture definition, system structure, logical view, physical view, architectural principles, security;
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design patterns and best practices;
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles;
- Natural leader/ability to manage by influence;
- Experience with automation, orchestration, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery;
- Experience with high-level software design diagrams and creation and maintenance of other software architecture documentation and artifacts;
- Strong competency in generating, delivering (written) and/or presenting software architectural designs and proposals for both internal and external stakeholders;
- Proven knowledge of software and system architectures for performance, scalability and high availability - experience developing and deploying software products with cloud technology is a very strong asset;
- Demonstrable application architecture and software development knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- Ability to think strategically and to anticipate future organizational and user needs;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt in a complex and changing environment including an ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities, establish and reprioritize tasks, work independently, and meet deadlines; and
- A lifelong learner who is constantly striving to develop professionally and teach/mentor others.
We are committed to fostering a safe, respectful and inclusive workplace where all employees can share their diverse views, skills and backgrounds. Valuing employee diversity strengthens workplace trust and enhances our ability to innovate in service of our customers and partners. Our hiring practices reflect this and we are committed to ensuring that our workforce reflects where we live and work. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy - To ensure the safety of our employees, all LTSA, LandSure and Autoprop employees must be fully vaccinated. New employees will be required to be fully vaccinated and may be required to provide proof of vaccination before the start of their employment.
Please note applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.