What you will do...
• Perform research and data analysis on informational needs relating to all business segments of the company.
• Understand and effectively utilize Heartland’s policy admin and claims systems and their underlying data structures.
• Assist with rate analysis, pricing indications and assist with providing recommendations for product and pricing changes.
• Perform price competitive analysis
• Assist senior analysts who works with FSRA to complete the regulated Auto Filings.
• A contributor to the Product and Pricing Committee.
• Conduct market research and competitive analysis.
• Creating ad hoc reports using SAS.
What you will bring...
• University degree (Actuarial Science, Mathematics/Statistics or a related
• Successful completion of 1 to 3 exams from the Casualty Actuarial Society
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience (or co-op related terms) in an actuarial/data analysis role, preferably with P&C insurance exposure or a significant educational background in a related discipline.
• Proficiency with SAS, SQL, and Excel.
• A working knowledge of Emblem would be an asset.
• A good understanding of P&C pricing and ratemaking concepts.
• Demonstrated strength in oral, written and presentation communication skills.
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What we offer…
• A stable environment that truly values integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, forward thinking, community & environment.
• Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
• A defined Incentive Plan where commitment to excellence is financially rewarded.