What you will do...
• Underwrite renewals and endorsements according to established underwriting guidelines. Develop appropriate solutions for moderately complex underwriting problems
• Develop, maintain and manage positive broker relationships, including broker visits as required. Respond to broker requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
• Rating/pricing of complex commercial risks using sound underwriting judgement.
• Participate in production calls on agents/brokerage offices, as required.
• Keep abreast of all company and industry underwriting policies, procedures and standards. Provide exceptional P&C underwriting expertise to agents and Brokers.
• Independently develop underwriting solutions to complex risks.
• Assist in market research and product development activities.
• Mentor and train more junior staff in their career path as required.
What you will bring...
• 3 years of experience in commercial property & casualty insurance.
• CIP and post-secondary education or University degree with partial completion of CIP designation.
• You have proven decision-making and analytical skills, including the ability to determine how to grow business profitability through assessment and analysis of individual risks.
• FCIP or CRM is an asset.
• Exposure to agribusiness accounts is an asset.
What we offer...
• A company that truly values integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, forward thinking, community and environment.
• Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
• A defined Incentive Plan where commitment to excellence is financially rewarded.
• Flexible work options, including remote work ability.
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest in Heartland Farm Mutual, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Only qualified candidates please. No agencies.) A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.www.heartlandfarmmutual.com