What you will do…
• Underwrite and service IRCA and fleet rated commercial/farm auto accounts.
• Manage commercial/farm auto risk control procedures and objectives.
• Provide management with product and service initiatives being implemented by our competitors.
• Use front-line knowledge of the marketplace to assist management in the development of products, pricing and services that support our corporate market positioning strategies.
• Influence the implementation of commercial/farm auto, fleet and garage programs.
• Enhance junior underwriter and support staff’s understanding and knowledge of commercial/farm auto risks. Participate in, or provide training and development initiatives to constantly enhance the quality of decision making.
• Maintain accountability for the selection and rating of fleet and garage auto insurance transactions such as new business, endorsements, cancellations etc.
• Working within the defined limits of authority, consistently provide high quality underwriting decisions. Identify positive and negative trends in submissions being received and communicate findings to management.
• Participate in the roll out of effective marketing and distribution initiatives. Work with management and other departments to effectively implement defined strategies for broker/agent development. Attend broker events and corporate functions as required.
What you will bring…
• Three years of experience in automobile underwriting.
• High attention to detail, sales oriented and provides exemplary customer service.
• A team player with great communication skills.
• Post-secondary education and working towards CIP designation.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is an asset.
• University degree and CIP designation or working towards it is preferred.
• Three years of experience as a commercial automobile underwriter is an asset.
What we offer…
• A company that truly values integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, forward thinking, community and environment.
• Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
• A defined Incentive Plan where commitment to excellence is financially rewarded.