Front Desk/Guest Services - Bellman
Taboo Muskoka is hiring Bellmen! Do you love meeting new people and not only know what it means to meet customer expectations, you 'exceed them' for breakfast? If you're a self starter, can work under pressure and have a sense of urgency when it comes to delivery exceptional customer service, keep reading and see if this role is for you!
Come work & play in beautiful Muskoka this summer! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team.'' Staff Housing Available!
The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates fully vaccinated and willing to comply with the new Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
Our Guest Services team is looking for a BELLMEN (various start and end date May - October. The Bellmen are very often the very first employee our guests meet. They play a critical role in ensuring our customers are happy and have an exceptional customer experience. And, you can't do this alone. You will work closely with your team members, supervisor and other departments. Collaboration, teamwork and communication is key! And here's what else:
KEY SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Provide courteous, professional and attentive guest service at all times.
- Promote the Resort and surrounding area and activities.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all departments.
- Follow up of all guest requests/concerns.
- Contributing to achieving the loyalty of our guests by exceeding their expectations and providing warm personal service with each interaction.
- Establishing a personal rapport with the guest in order to learn about their needs and expectations.
- Assist guest with their luggage at arrival and departure.
- Answer guest inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Actively seek feedback from guests, following up and taking action to exceed guest expectations, whether that is to wow the guest or in service recovery.
- Strong and effective communication with all other departments and strong team work required between all inner-related departments (Housekeeping, Conference Services, Accounting, etc.)
- Provide clear and concise pass along information with colleagues and leaders in the Front Office. Assist other departments during slow periods as required Knowledge of safety and emergency procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset;
- Experience in Guest Services is preferred;
- Positive and dynamic personality;
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- 90% Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Able to work 8 to 9 hours on your feet. Able to lift bags/luggage in excess of 60 lbs, (may at times above your head)
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- Great people, beautiful location, safe, inclusive, diverse and fun work environment!
- $1000 bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst - short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Paid training
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff parties, Staff appreciation days, Trivia Nights, $$ rewards and recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1209 Muskoka Beach Rd, Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1R1, Canada