Recreation - Tennis Pro
Are you a Tennis Pro with a passion for the coaching children and adults, creating programs and summer camps? Taboo Muskoka is looking for an outgoing, customer service oriented individual to join our Recreation Department and provide our guests with the ultimate Recreation experience through our Tennis Program. If this peaks your interest, keep reading!
Come work & play on beautiful Lake Muskoka this summer! Staff Housing Available! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation in Gravenhurst, Ontario. Our mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team." The Recreation Team plays a key role in creating those incredible experience.
The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates fully vaccinated and willing to comply with the new Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
In this position, you would be responsible for oversee the tennis program and operation. You will create, plan, implement and lead all tennis programs and camps including program set up and organization, creation and development of daily lesson plans for condo owners, resort leisure and corporate guests.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE
- Collaborate with Recreation Manager to develop, implement and lead all tennis programs and camps including program set up and organization, creation and development of daily lesson plans for all ages
- Teaching and developing skills and abilities relevant to tennis, provide feedback for students, remaining energetic and engaging students
- Creating condo owner tennis leagues
- Providing private and semi-private lessons for guests and members
- Ensure equipment is in good condition and repair and maintain tennis courts (clay and xxx) on a daily basis
- Ensuring tennis equipment is safe and up to date, well stock clubhouse
- Keep current with industry trends and new class formats
- Provide a high level of front line customer service including greeting and engaging participants
- Communicate with participants in regards to lesson opportunities and accident prevention
- Fix errors in each player's technique to make sure they are properly progressing in the sport
- Ensure all safety procedures (ie. sign-in/sign-out, First Aid, headcounts, safe equipment use, etc.) are followed and enforced
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner (eg. lesson plans, incident/accident reports, report cards)
- Maintain a safe and tidy program space ensuring equipment is set-up and stored appropriately
- Teach and display good sportsmanship
- Problem-solve on the spot
AS A TABOO MUSKOKA MEMBER YOU WILL
- Encourage, recruit, register and schedule guests to participate in recreation activities;
- Possesses thorough knowledge of all dates, times, pricing and descriptions of all resort activities, events offered, as well as those of off property;
- Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere and communicate applicable rules and regulations;
- Possess a clear understanding of all operations and procedures that take place at the Recreation/Adventure Centre desk, including but not limited to: taking and verifying guest activity reservations, issuing and filing liability waivers; verifying guest room and other guest information;
- Ability to use creativity and quick thinking to handle and accommodate rare or difficult guest requests;
- Promote and sell retail items;
- Ability to effectively to record and distribute departmental communication to other resort outlets, specifically Frontdesk/guest services;
- Health & Safety conscious, document and report all concerns, accidents, and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action
- Read and adhere to the Employee Handbook Guidelines, Policies, and procedures
- Embody and uphold Taboo Muskoka brand standards
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Coach 1 Certificate from Tennis Canada
- Minimum 1-year experience teaching at Coach 1 level
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from an accredited organization
- Outgoing, dynamic and positive personality, with the ability to engage players of all ages
- Excellent verbal communication skills with guests, condo owners and team members
- Vast knowledge of tennis, drills, and games
- Completion of high school or equivalent – Minimum age 19;
- Previous guest service experience an asset;
- Experience in handling cash, credit and debit transactions
- Outdoor and indoor environments: Tennis courts, heat, cold, dirt, bugs, rain.
- Depending on the day and weather conditions of the job will change, long exposure isn’t consistent but at times is needed.
- Ability to lift upwards of 30 pounds.
- Ability to play and coach tennis.
- Running, bending, twisting, crouching, using hand, arm, leg, and back muscles for playing tennis and maintaining tennis courts.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT TABOO MUSKOKA
- Great people, beautiful location, safe, inclusive, diverse and fun work environment!
- $1000 bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Staff housing available (located in town of Gravenhurst - short 7kms or 5 mins from the resort)
- Shuttle services to and from staff housing and the resort
- 50% rebate on housing costs upon completion of your contract
- Paid training
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff parties, Staff appreciation days, Trivia Nights, $$ rewards and recognition program
- Employee Wellness Program
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1209 Muskoka Beach Rd, Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1R1, Canada