Distribution Warehouse Associate
Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
As a Warehouse Associates you will be responsible for performing an array of duties such as, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and staging orders, and/or organizing and retrieving stock and other duties. You are a detail-orientated individual who can work in a fast-paced distribution team environment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and appropriately sort and store incoming products
- Accurately pick, box/skid, and weigh orders for outgoing shipments in time for daily pick up
- Operate forklifts, reach trucks, and other industrial equipment for loading, unloading, and moving products.
- Read order invoices, packing slips and other common warehouse documents to ship product/fulfill orders
- Inspect and maintain warehouse equipment including machinery, floor lifts, and basic tools. Report any malfunctions, insufficiencies, or necessary repairs through the relevant channels.
- Enter/scan data in inventory and logistics software programs (RF Scanner)
- Regularly lift heavy objects
- Stand and walk long periods of time
- Comply with safety regulations
- Ensure organization and assist with cleaning and maintaining a safe workplace environment
What You Need
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1+ years of experience in a high volume, fast-paced distribution environment and adapts well to changing priorities
- Forklift/Reach/Counterbalance experience is an asset
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is an asset
- Physical stamina and manual dexterity required
- Positive attitude, team player, with a track record in customer service excellence
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solver
- Willing to occasionally work overtime
- Dependable daily attendance and work output
- Dayshift 700am-3:30pm
What We Offer
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D)
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- London, ON, Canada