Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
Under the general supervision of the Quality Lead monitor the daily activities of the quality department, verify quality of in-house products and other quality duties within the department as required.
In this role you will:
- Oversee daily QC activities. Shift start up meeting, review new quality / safety concerns and gather up previous shifts inspection results.
- Document and maintain Visual communications boards with all active issues, assign responsibility and track reaction plan(s).
- Actively support production department with sorts and 100% part checks as and when required.
- Address production quality issues. Root cause issues and help with closures.
- Participate and communicate at daily SPQRC meetings on shift.
- Verify production online repairs, including non-standard component verifications.
- Verify & ensure all parts are tagged on suspect carts and maintain scrap carts.
- Maintain HOLD area, organizing part(s) quarantine (hold) area. This involves tear down, disposition or parts.
- Ensure HOLD area is 5S compliant as when implemented.
- Audit and maintain quality alerts, verify error-proofing devices and poke yokes, as required.
- Ensure ALL auditing and line walk duties assigned are completed and documented.
- Assist the engineering department with all tagging and organizing of trial parts.
- Assist with all prototype builds including verification and recording.
- Assist with all online and off-line trial builds.
- The set up and verification of off-line back up build tooling
- Any other duties as assigned by the Quality.
- To maintain safety and cleanliness standards and fully understand the company’s policies and operation philosophies.
What You Need
- High school diploma or GED.
- Min 2-3 years’ experience as a quality technician, ideally in manufacturing environment; working knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.) preferred
- Proven ability to problem solves and implement change
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Formal training/certifications in quality systems and problem-solving methodologies will be an asset.
- Solves problems - Prioritizes problems for solutions based on the highest impact; uncovers and clearly articulates the problem that needs to be solved; looks beyond the obvious symptoms to uncover their underlying root cause (5 Whys).
- Actively participates in all CI activities; strives to deliver the highest quality output and collaborates with the team to deliver on shared goals
- Operates with transparency - Is widely viewed as someone who demonstrates integrity and trust.
- Excellent communication – ability to relate to all levels of personnel throughout the organization. Operates with empathy, care, and concern in every interaction
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D, short term disability, & long term disability)
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Smart casual dress atmosphere
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in a growing global organization
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- London, ON, Canada