Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
The Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring incoming raw materials and finished products meet the quality expectations of the company including requirements for continuous improvement. The role also carries responsibility to ensure all quality within the plant is controlled in a manner that meets company objectives for product quality.
In this role you will:
- Promote a quality culture and compliance mentality through training, mentoring, and visual management practices.
- Plan and implement preventative and corrective actions that result from internal and external audits and quality issues.
- Lead the 'Quality' metric for the plant at all levels. Ensure targets are met as set out by the Plant Manager
- Communicate, educate, train, and evaluate all Quality staff.
- Work with suppliers and the customer to set-up containment, sort & correct defects.
- Follow and abide by all H&S policies, Quality policies, Government & legal policies. Uphold all policies and ensure compliance as a leader.
- Ensure that requirements are effectively established and maintained, with a risk-based initiative-taking and preventive approach, and report on performance.
- Resolution of Quality Problems within and outside Dimplex, including initiation and tracking of Supplier Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Manage a strong cross-functional team through direct training and coaching of all team members achieving the best quality product and on time delivery.
- Product failure analysis and reporting; including analysis of internal failures and customer failures.
- Analysis of Customer quality data, including returns and service issues: Initiating and managing full resolution to issues contributing to quality costs.
- Manage Quality section of the Business Deployment Plan.
- Create and implement quality policies and also maintain document revisions in the plant and ensure compliance.
As a people leader you will:
Shape a Sustainable Future
- Must anticipate the future by sense and acting upon emerging trends
- Must engage and inspire people around priorities. Energize teams and to make our purpose real.
- Own the Outcome and make growth happen. Execute for today and drive future growth.
Keep the Customer Central
- Shape the customer needs. Understand and exceed customer needs
- Build close customer relationship. Establish relevant and trusted customer engagements
- Creative distinctive value. Bring unique solutions to our customers
Act with Agility
- Embrace Change. See change as an opportunity rather than a challenge
- Show resilience. Display determination and supports other to do the same
- Demonstrate curiosity. Seek new learnings and experiences
- Solve problems. Make sense of complexity to generate solutions
- Seek out the possible. Collaborate as one to imagine and discover opportunities
- Lead Change. Shape a culture to drive disruptive change
- Keep it Simple. Drive out complexity wherever possible
Champion People Development
- Start with yourself. Be humble and self-aware
- Develop capability. Foster a culture of development
- Grow Future leader. Nurture the next generation
What You Need
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or area.
- Min 3-5 years’ experience as a quality manager, ideally in manufacturing environment; working knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies (lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.) preferred
- Proven ability to problem solves and implement change
- Familiar with company and industry quality standards and processes
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Experience with using various root causing methodologies and developing strong countermeasures.
- Formal training/certifications in quality systems and problem-solving methodologies will be an asset.
- Solves problems - Prioritizes problems for solutions based on the highest impact; uncovers and clearly articulates the problem that needs to be solved; looks beyond the obvious symptoms to uncover their underlying root cause (5 Whys).
- Builds strong, effective, and diverse organizations- Understands his/her role and how the responsibilities are connected to the team/business strategies.
- Actively participates in all CI activities; strives to deliver the highest quality output and collaborates with the team to deliver on shared goals
- Operates with transparency - Is widely viewed as someone who demonstrates integrity and trust.
- Excellent communication – ability to relate to all levels of personnel throughout the organization. Operates with empathy, care, and concern in every interaction
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D, short term disability, & long term disability)
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Smart casual dress atmosphere
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in a growing global organization
- An innovative fast-paced culture focused on people
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- London, ON, Canada