Product Engineer, Flame Products
Focused on leading the transition to a sustainable future, Glen Dimplex Americas is enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort creation. With operation throughout North America the success of the Glen Dimplex Americas organization is a testament to the strength of our people and investment in innovation and technology.
Our portfolio of industry recognized brands includes Dimplex, Cadet and Faber. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to fireplaces and controls.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We Think Customer – we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do, taking time to understand their needs; creating solutions that meet and exceed their expectations, enhancing everyday moments
We Care About People – we recognize the power of a community with a common purpose; empathizing with others’ point of view and acting with integrity to create a safe and healthy environment
We Value Innovation – we are building a better future day by day; developing innovations that will create quality, consumer-centric, sustainable solutions
We Keep it Simple – we make the complex simple by driving out inefficiencies; which enables us to be agile, responsive and to get the job done
Reporting to and under the general direction of the Engineering Manager – Flame Products, the Product Engineer – Flame Products is responsible for the development and maintenance of competitive and innovative products to meet customer requirements, and delivery expectations. The incumbent is responsible for delivering varied engineering assignments requiring general familiarity with a broad field of engineering. The incumbent will also participate in independent studies, analysis, interpretations and conclusions. In this role, the employee’s work is not supervised in detail, but technical guidance may be given by the Engineering Manager – Flame Products.
In this role you will:
Focus on Product Development and Maintenance
- Create drawings and other documentation to Dimplex standards and procedures
- Create solid models and detailed drawings in Solidworks from a design concept, taking into account manufacturability, cost, regulatory standards, timing, and materials, etc.
- Deliver on any product changes through our Product Change Notification system (PCN). Alter any drawings that require modification and send updated plans to suppliers
- Own item masters and bills of material in Dimplex’s internal system, PdMain
- Take a disciplined approach to all Engineering work
- Ensure adherence to the PDP
- Prepare samples for regulatory testing. Test samples according to test plan
- Complete sample evaluation reports for quality assurance
- Create and maintain thorough Engineering documentation
- Provide technical guidance for sourcing issues
Focus on Project Management
- Create Gantt chart of project timing with the Project Team and take responsibility for the project management of the Engineering tasks
- Complete projects and tasks within the requirements of our internal and external customers and suppliers
Focus on Communication
- Communicate with team members, suppliers, and other stakeholders
- Be an effective technical resource centre for the business
- May give technical guidance to Product Technologists or other Product Engineers
- Interact with suppliers with respect to samples, tooling, project timing, design changes, and testing, etc.
What You Need
- University Degree or equivalent in Engineering
- Working towards or obtained a P. Eng. Certification
- Three (3) or more years experience in all aspects of Engineering and Design are required
- Proficient with MSOffice (Word – level 3, Excel – level 3, PowerPoint – level 3), Outlook (e-mail, calendar), Solidworks, MS Project
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Be open to exploring new ideas with a desire for continuous growth and learning
- Ability to search for opportunities to improve products
- Take a competitive approach to completing all projects and tasks
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Customer focused mentality
- Excellent decision making skills, including information gathering and problem solving
- Exhibits a great deal of integrity and adheres to Dimplex’s values and ethics
- Ability to self manage and work effectively with little supervision
- Excellent team player
- Embraces positive change and recognizes why change is important
What We Offer
Core Total Rewards
- Fully funded Group Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life, AD&D, short term disability, & long term disability)
- Group RRSP with 100% Employer Match up to 4%
- Portable Benefits, Consult +, and Telus Pharmacy Group
- 3 Weeks Vacation Immediately
- Employee Assistance Program
- Workplace Wellness Program
- Support of professional memberships/certifications
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Smart casual dress atmosphere
- Summer Fridays
- Employee Service & Recognition Awards
- Referral Bonus Program
- A unique opportunity to be a key player in a growing global organization
- An innovative fast-paced culture focused on people
How to Apply
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now. Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive total rewards package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimplex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cambridge, ON, Canada