Do you find it rewarding by seeing other succeed? Do you have a passion for transferring knowledge that attributes to other's successes? Then you have an opportunity to become Genoa's next Technical Trainer! Do you want to work for a company that puts people first? Just named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies, Genoa Design has grown to be the largest dedicated production design firm in North America, and we are continuing to grow! So, if you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
We are recruiting for a Technical Trainer!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Technical Trainer, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- As a Technical Trainer within the Genoa Academy, you will be part of the team responsible for the identification, design, development, and delivery of technical curriculum to meet the needs of Genoa.
- You will work closely with the Technical Training Manager and senior members of the technical team to achieve training objectives.
- With a solid understanding of naval architecture and/or marine/mechanical engineering systems and production design, you will present course material to employees through a blended classroom approach, one-on-one coaching, using PCs, instructional videos, video conferencing, database materials, or other methods.
- You’ll establish and maintain familiarity with the latest in texts, materials, teaching aids, and training techniques relevant to the industry and organization goals and objectives.
- You embrace change with a positive mindset while leveraging different learning strategies to drive and support current/future state of the business.
- You will maintain training records by tracking participant enrolment, progress, evaluations, and other information by maintaining a database.
- You understand the importance of learning beyond the classroom and believe in the value of true on-the-job development.
- You generate positive attitudes and high morale in employees by nurturing a culture of cooperation and the enthusiasm.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- A degree or diploma in naval architecture and/or marine/mechanical engineering systems and/or production design, supplemented with industry experience.
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD and experience in 3D design is required.
- Experience working in ShipConstructor, Navisworks, AVEVA, Cadmatic, and/or other related software would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach, evaluate, and improve others, with the ability to custom-fit training materials around individual learning styles.
- Experience with learning and development or facilitation experience would be an asset.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and other stakeholders.
- Other required competencies include the ability to influence others and balance multiple priorities with good judgment.
- The ability to travel occasionally.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you, really! Just check out the perks down below!
We arepowered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about our projects, and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put people first. Drive the 3D model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
We’ve done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
- Vacation and discretionary days
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy.
- A minimum of 8 volunteer hours each year to support causes that matter to you.
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity with our award-winning in-house Academy; offering advanced technical training along with the diverse soft skills needed to stay ahead of the curve and confident in your role.
- Catered lunches from local businesses.
- Stretch breaks—because who wants to sit at a desk all day?
You’ll be able to enjoy assorted extras such as free snacks, Genoa swag, an employee recognition values points program, and friendly team-building events.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- Pay Type Salary
- Genoa Design International, 117 Glencoe Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada