Senior Software Developer
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the shipbuilding industry? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Senior Software Developer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the software development lifecycle – DevOps, Git, quality, etc.
- Guide, mentor and support the development team.
- Develop, test, maintain and support on-premise and cloud based solutions.
- Drive the cloud first strategy.
- Create and Consume REST APIs.
- Produce apps using the MS tech stack (Visual Studo, .NET, Azure, etc).
- Relational database design and data warehousing is an asset.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Graduated from a post-secondary institute with a degree or diploma with 7-10 years of relevant working experience.
- C#, MSSQL Server experience.
- Experience in working in a software development team.
- Experience with Docker, containerization and microservices architecture.
- Experience in web app security, SSO and domain driven architecture.
- Strong analytical skills for complex and creative problem solving.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- An understanding of information privacy and security principles.
- Strong team player and strong interpersonal skills with a positive, open-minded personality.
- Experience in data warehousing using the Microsoft BI stack is an asset.
- Highly adaptable and flexible.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated the ability to prioritize and meet project deadlines.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you, really! Just check out the perks down below!
We are powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about our projects, and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put people first, create lasting relationships and never, ever stand still! Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
- Vacation and discretionary days
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy.
- A minimum of 8 volunteer hours each year to support causes that matter to you.
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity with our award-winning in-house Academy; offering advanced technical training along with the diverse soft skills needed to stay ahead of the curve and confident in your role.
- Catered lunches from local businesses.
- Stretch breaks — because who wants to sit at a desk all day?
You’ll be able to enjoy assorted extras such as free snacks, Genoa swag, an employee recognition values points program, and friendly team-building events.
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- Pay Type Salary
- Genoa Design International, 117 Glencoe Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada