Delivery Student (Fall 2022)
You Auto-CAN do anything. You’re a design superstar who is 3D – detail-oriented, decisive, and driven. We’re looking for someone like you, a skillful Junior Production Designer Student, to add to our growing Genoa team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Junior Production Designer, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and modify 3D models, fabrication drawings and drafting support according to project scope for structure and distributive systems;
- Update drawings from mark-ups and red lines; and
Ensure a level of quality control for project work in accordance with Genoa’s quality management system.
WHO YOU ARE
We’ve drawn the conclusion that by design, you:
- Are a collaborative team player who can problem solve, make sound decisions, and manage competing priorities;
- Feel a company flannel is the perfect outfit for any occasion;
- Want to work at a place that is putting people first and has worked with you to set a career planning path that is 100%;
- You Own It, you go the extra mile and take responsibility and empower others to be accountable;
- Believe you can design a solution to any problem, one block at a time;
Never Stand Still, and welcome each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Enrollment in a technical diploma or degree program in a related discipline (naval architecture, marine engineering systems design; mechanical, HVAC or electrical design) or equivalent combination of education and technical experience;
- 3D design/drafting knowledge using AutoCAD;
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet project deadlines and problem solve;
- Exposure to a shipyard or production environment is an asset; and
Knowledge of ShipConstructor, Rhino and Cadmatic would be considered an asset.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Genoa Design International, 117 Glencoe Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada