3D Model Shipbuilding Designer
Is creating powerful, cutting-edge 3D visuals your kinda thing? In whatever design you touch, do you bring things to the next level, namely because of the high-quality standards you impose upon yourself and others? Would you get a serious kick out of seeing your work being used to build next-generation vessels around the world?
Was that a yes, yes and yes? Then come join our team and help design our future and your own! We are recruiting Junior, Intermediate and Senior 3D Model Designers of all disciplines!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a 3D Model Designer, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop 3D Models of complex mechanical systems for new shipbuilding projects.
- Perform complex design tasks on projects with an understanding of multidisciplinary environments.
- Create and modify production drawings including fabrication drawings, installation and assembly drawings, mission equipment installations and interface, and detail drawings, ensuring drawings meet current company standards.
- Ensure a level of quality control for project work in accordance with Genoa’s quality management system.
- Compliance of 3D model with regulatory standards, classification rules (DNV, Lloyds/GL, ABS etc.), design guidelines, and client specific standards.
- Interpret technical drawings and engineering information related to the 3D model and/or distributed systems.
Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned that relate to technical leadership and integration of Genoa’s projects.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- A Technical diploma or degree in a related discipline (naval architecture, marine engineering systems design; mechanical, HVAC or electrical design) or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- Marine design experience in a related discipline, either structure and/or distributed/marine systems, or a combination.
- Experience working directly with regulatory bodies and classification societies.
- Experience with 2D and 3D model development, completing design changes, general arrangement drawing production, redlining, annotating, and drafting for new ship construction and/or refit projects.
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD, Ship Constructor, AVEVA, Cadmatic, Foran or other ship design software would be an asset.
- Exposure to a shipyard or production environment would be an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet project deadlines and problem solve.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you, really! Just check out the perks down below!
We are powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about our projects, and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put people first. Drive the 3D model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
We’ve done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
Vacation and discretionary days
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy.
- A minimum of 8 volunteer hours each year to support causes that matter to you.
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity with our award-winning in-house Academy; offering advanced technical training along with the diverse soft skills needed to stay ahead of the curve and confident in your role.
- Catered lunches from local businesses.
Stretch breaks — because who wants to sit at a desk all day?
You’ll be able to enjoy assorted extras such as free snacks, Genoa swag, an employee recognition and values points program, and friendly team-building events. Did we mention that you can also write on the office walls?
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would be happy to help!
While we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all other with whom with interact.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Genoa Design International, 117 Glencoe Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada