CSS Student - Fall 2022
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Working as part of the energetic Information Technology team, you’ll foster a people-first work culture. By that, we mean you’ll:
- Troubleshoot and/or resolve computer hardware issues and problems; answer client’s inquiries concerning systems operation; diagnoses system hardware, software and operator problems; and recommends or performs remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of systems operation.
- Perform application packaging and imaging workstations/laptops
- End user support such as the installation of hardware, software and peripheral components, such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises, following installation specifications.
- Create/update IT documentation for Genoa.
- Assist with minor network support/upgrades – LAN & WAN infrastructure.
- Conduct asset inventory verification.
- Assist IT staff with project tasks as directed.
- General support functions with the IT team as directed.
WHO WE ARE
We are detail-driven and always work with a mindset of continuous improvement through living our core values including:
- Putting People First, by making decisions that strengthen and support our team.
- Creating Lasting Relationships and building respectful, two-way friendships with clients and business partners.
- Owning It, going the extra mile and taking responsibility and empowering others to be accountable.
- Never Standing Still and welcoming each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve.
- Live Well by finding a balance at work and at home by taking care of your mind, body, and soul.
- Making a Difference by doing the unexpected. Create WOW moments for your colleagues, clients, and community.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Currently enrolled in the Computer Systems and Network Technology Program.
- Knowledge of basic networking and cyber security.
- Knowledge of desktop/laptop OSs (Windows 10) and Server OSs (2012R2 and 2016).
- Understanding Office 365 (Outlook/Teams/OneDrive), WebEx/Teams.
- Knowledge of general productivity software (MS Office, Adobe Reader/Writer).
- Effective oral and written communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Engineering Applications (AutoDesk Products) would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of SQL and/or general databases would be considered an asset; and
- Knowledge of process mapping, cloud storage and MS Azure would be considered an asset.
Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all others with whom we interact.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Genoa Design International - Corporate, 15 Dundee Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada