PMO Student (Fall 2022)
We are looking for 2 work term students to join our team for Fall 2022! This placement will provide an excellent opportunity for exposure to operational excellence improvements in the marine industry - specifically in a company specializing in 3D modeling and design in a project-oriented environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In this role, the successful candidate will assist in a variety of tasks which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working with the Project Management Office and Project Teams supporting the areas of Planning, Estimating, Monitoring/Controlling, Forecasting, and Change Management
- Assisting team members with the change management process including internal and external Management of Change (MOC) processes
- Assisting with the development of project controls documentation including procedures and process workflows
- Assisting with development of proposals, work breakdown structures, and estimates
- Assisting with basic planning and cost control functions as directed by team leaders or members
- Assisting with implementation of Risk Management processes
- Project management data manipulation, input, and formatting with respect to budgets, estimates, cost-loading, planning, status reporting, etc.
Overall, assisting the Directors/Associate Directors with: planning and reporting progress of improvement initiatives, preparation of information/data for risk reviews, data analysis and presentation sessions, development of communication material, development of stakeholder maps, development of process maps, work instructions and supporting other change or improvements activities for the organization.
WHO WE ARE
We are detail-driven and always work with a mindset of continuous improvement through living our core values including:
- Putting People First, by making decisions that strengthen and support our team;
- Creating Lasting Relationships and building respectful, two-way friendships with clients and business partners;
- Owning It, going the extra mile and taking responsibility and empowering others to be accountable;
- Never Standing Still and welcoming each day as a new opportunity to learn, grow, and serve
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Must be currently enrolled in a Co-Operative or Internship program
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced multi-discipline environment
- Aptitude for quality assurance and process or workflow development
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and creation of graphics
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
Basic knowledge of Project Management Principles (e.g. Management of Change, project planning, etc.), business development, and quality assurance experience considered an asset but not required
Genoa is an equal opportunity employer and while we are grateful to all applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Genoa Design International, 117 Glencoe Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada