Associate Director of Communications and Marketing
Are you looking for a rewarding career that spans the shipbuilding, defense, and tech industries? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? Just named one of Canada’s Top Growing Companies, Genoa Design has grown to be the largest dedicated production design firm in North America, and we are continuing to grow! So, if you are looking for a career that’s more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team as our next Associate Director, Communications & Marketing!
WHO WE ARE
Genoa has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market with a commitment to quality as a recent ISO 9001:2015 certified organization.
With a team of more than 250 designers, engineers, naval architects, administrators, and technical support staff, Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process and is advancing our digital ship capabilities. A shift is underway – we are moving from a shipbuilding company that leverages technology, to a technology company that focuses on shipbuilding. Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Associate Director, Communications and Marketing with Genoa, you will develop, execute, and manage Genoa’s internal and external communication channels, to ensure audiences are informed and engaged.
As Associate Director, Communications & Marketing, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the Communications and Marketing team, including in-house and external graphic designers, photographers, and other media-production specialists integral to the completion of any multimedia project(s)
- Develop and execute communications and marketing strategies to support Genoa’s strategic vision
- Manage the Community and Ecosystem Strategy, which includes employee, community, and ecosystem sponsorship and charitable giving priorities
- Build communication and engagement strategies in collaboration with internal teams to establish and/or strengthen relationships with major customers and stakeholders
- Foster partnerships to develop, coordinate, direct, and facilitate strategic communications and marketing collateral and/or campaigns designed to meet business goals
- Provide reports to executive management on marketing activities and results
- Assist in the planning and execution of new and established initiatives, including, but not limited to: bid packages, trade-show planning, coordinating website, digital and social media campaigns
- Identify marketing channels, such as trade shows and websites, to assist with the promotion of our products and services, and then coordinating the implementation of those marketing channels
- Manage Genoa’s social media channels and conduct media monitoring
- Develop and facilitate communication training materials for internal audiences
- Provide support in event planning and execution, including Annual General Meetings, training conferences, and social functions
- Provide communications support for employee engagement strategies and execution
- Stay informed of developments in the field of marketing and communications within the industry to foster ideas and innovation
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Business Degree or diploma/equivalent completion of studies with major concentration in marketing or communications. Note that other experiences will be considered
- 7 - 10 years of marketing and communications experience with a multi-faceted marketing team in a fast-paced B2B environment
- Computer proficiency: word-processing, spreadsheet, presentations, and database management
- Experience using social media channels, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook, to promote products and services, as well as the corporate brand overall
- Knowledge of digital media trends
- Business, marketing and planning abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
- Exceptional facilitation, organizational, multi-tasking skills
- Creative, innovative, and outside-the-box thinking
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced/changing environment
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally to support promotional and business development activities
- Previous Marine industry experience considered an asset but not required
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
Working for us is good for you, really! Just check out the perks down below!
We are powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about our projects, and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put people first. Drive the digital ship model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
We’ve done a lot of research on what makes a 5-star workplace. It’s always evolving, but these are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
THE ’WHAT YOU’D EXPECT’ STUFF
- Attractive compensation
- RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program
- Vacation and discretionary days
THE ‘LET US SURPRISE YOU’ STUFF
- An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy.
- A minimum of 8 volunteer hours each year to support causes that matter to you.
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, and career growth.
- Catered lunches from local businesses.
- Stretch breaks — because who wants to sit at a desk all day?
- Quiet rooms where you can take a break, dim the lights, and re-charge.
You’ll be able to enjoy assorted extras such as free snacks, Genoa swag, an employee recognition values points program, and friendly team-building events. It’s ok to write on the office walls, too. Just sayin’!
If you require assistance in filling out your application, please email your request to Jobs@genoadesign.com and we would be happy to help!
Genoa actively creates and promotes an environment that is inclusive of all people and their unique abilities, strengths, and differences, and promotes diversity as a strategic and competitive business advantage for the company. We respect diversity in each other, our customers, and all others with whom we interact.
- Pay Type Salary
- Genoa Design International, 117 Glencoe Drive, Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada