Lead Business Intelligence Analyst
Who We Are
Meet Fresh Prep—Western Canada’s most convenient and sustainable meal kit delivery service.
As a certified B Corporation, we make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the communities we operate in. We source quality local ingredients whenever possible, and deliver in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging. We offer 10 chef-created meal kit recipes each week, with options for many lifestyles and preferences including vegetarian and vegan.
Fresh Prep has been selected as one of 2022 BC’s Top Employers and ranked #38 in the Globe and Mail’s 2021 Canada's Top Growing Companies List.
Who You Are
- Curious and technical leader. You like to problem solve business questions with data answers. You like helping others find insights and make strategic and tactical decisions based on the analysis you provide.
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Strong communicator. Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Open. You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing
- Using your sophisticated, superior, and creative analytics problem solving, be able to translate data into meaningful business insights to answer business questions.
- Work closely with the Data Team and other stakeholders to provide analysis and insights that help inform decision making and drive program improvements.
- Craft insights into a narrative that can be shared and understood cross-organizationally.
- Develop company-wide and campaign-specific performance reports and dashboards.
- Writing SQL pipelines, data wrangling, modelling, and dashboarding.
- Create, manage, and maintain the tools, systems, dashboards, and data to make the team more efficient, effective, and data-driven.
- Support the performance and optimization of the Data Team. Work closely with more junior data analysts, mentoring them through the project lifecycle and provide guidance on industry best practices.
- Migrating and championing adoption in a new BI analytical tool or software within the Data Team as well as non-technical stakeholders.
- Fluently write expert SQL queries that pull, join, clean, filter and aggregate data (self joins and windows functions).
- Use these queries to develop and maintain actionable dashboards, analyses, and key insights to increase internal understanding of business drivers.
- Transform findings into compelling presentations, including graphs, charts, or dashboards, aimed at answering key business questions and present to executive stakeholders.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to define KPIs and metrics within Fresh Prep such as Marketing, Operations, and Product.
- Build and maintain the integrity of reports with as much self-service access as possible.
- Responsible for data documentation of data assets, ensuring that data assets are created thoughtfully and reliably throughout its lifecycle so that learnings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
- Identify data needs to develop high-value, actionable reporting aimed at answering key business questions.
What We Are Looking For
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence, data analysis, data science, and/or business analysis in an eCommerce, SaaS, or retail
- Experience with working with agile methodologies
- Expert fluency with SQL (we use Big Query), and Python or R
- Experience with Business Intelligence software such as Google Data Studio, Looker, Power BI, Tableau or others
- Highly proficient in G Suite and/or Microsoft Office Tools
- Proficient in statistical modelling
- Experience in data consolidation, data migration, and creating data documentation
- Experience having mentored and trained more junior analysts and working in a team
- Experience with creating a robust data lake, and pulling in integrations with APIs or third party tools
- Experience with research tools like Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, SPSS, PSPP is a nice to have
- Experience managing one or more reports.
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada
- Vancouver, BC, Canada