Customer Marketing Manager
Who We Are
Meet Fresh Prep—Western Canada’s most convenient and sustainable meal kit delivery service.
As a certified B Corporation, we make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the communities we operate in. We source quality local ingredients whenever possible, and deliver in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging. We offer 10 chef-created meal kit recipes each week, with options for many lifestyles and preferences including vegetarian and vegan.
Fresh Prep has been selected as one of 2022 BC’s Top Employers and ranked #38 in the Globe and Mail’s 2021 Canada's Top Growing Companies List.
Reporting into the Senior Manager of Customer Marketing, the Customer Marketing Manager will be responsible for the strategy and execution of customer marketing campaigns. This role will collaborate closely with the brand, creative, product, data and digital teams to drive customer referrals, retention and lifetime value via email and marketing automations. The Customer Marketing Manager will play a key role in establishing baseline performance of current emails and automations and building campaigns to drive conversion rate via improved offers, creative, personalisation and A/B testing.
- Manage lifecycle email marketing improvement initiatives.
- Optimize prospect nurturing, customer onboarding and grow customer lifetime value. Act on retention improvements.
- Understand regional variances of email subscribers and adopt market insights to better target emails in new areas.
- Become the system expert on the marketing email platform, automations and other associated third party vendor tools.
- Seeks ways to leverage system capabilities such as custom landing pages and forms to drive new sign-ups.
- Continually seek and recommend improvements to Fresh Prep’s email strategy to meet and exceed targets.
- Understand how revenue and KPI targets related to the email channel can be influenced through testing and enhancing email activities.
- Gain a deep understanding of Fresh Prep databases and reporting. Identity data and insights based opportunities for email conversion rate optimization. Action approved recommendations.
- Establish baseline performance reporting and trending. Optimize campaigns through A/B testing to improve open rate, click through and conversion to meet business goals
- Incorporate automated and custom lists into campaign and operational sends.
- Work closely with our Digital team to deploy new campaigns, enhance workflows and improve the customer experience.
- Gain a deep understanding of how the email platform integrates with the Fresh Prep databases. Collaborate with the Digital team to ensure timely email platform enhancements.
- Oversea the execution of approved email tactics. Manage email projects, from copy and design briefing through execution.
- For customer campaigns, create work-back schedules and manage timelines with cross-functional teams for copy, creative and digital assets to send the right customers the right email at the right time.
- Daily duties include but are not limited to email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic content-driven campaigns
- Email database management and analytics.
- Seek ways to increase email subscription. Minimize list decay and unsubscribes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve email campaign and automation issues. Work with email vendors and other third party vendors as required.
- Develop reporting on monthly email performance
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of current email, CRM and push marketing best practices.
- Build a repository of competitor email automations and activities. Stay abreast of key industry changes.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on marketing / business
- Previous Customer Service, Customer Success, or Account Management experience a plus
- 4+ years experience managing email and marketing automations, preferably in a direct-to-consumer e-commerce environment. Strong passion for understanding customers.
- Experience in customer lifecycle management, retention and loyalty marketing
- Proficient with email lists, segmentation, email and marketing automation platforms and data analytics platforms (ex. Google Analytics, Data Studio). Bonus points for experience with Active Campaign.
- Comfortable building A/B testing and email optimization strategies
- Strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day to help reach marketing and sales goals and improve the customer experience
- Results and data-driven mindset with a strong analytical capability and solid experience leveraging customer data to drive conversion. Able to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI of efforts.
- Highly detail-oriented with strong project management skills. Experience with project management software such as Asana.
- Articulate with strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills to work well cross functionally with other teams and brief in Creative to make great emails.
Proficient in Google Sheets/Slides/Docs or Microsoft Powerpoint/Excel/Word; experience with HTML/CSS is a strong plus.
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- Remote working
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada