Who We Are
Meet Fresh Prep—Western Canada’s most convenient and sustainable meal kit delivery service.
As a certified B Corporation, we make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the communities we operate in. We source quality local ingredients whenever possible, and deliver in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging. We offer 10 chef-created meal kit recipes each week, with options for many lifestyles and preferences including vegetarian and vegan.
Fresh Prep has been selected as one of 2022 BC’s Top Employers and ranked #38 in the Globe and Mail’s 2021 Canada's Top Growing Companies List.
Who You Are
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Multi-Tasking Hero. You can work in a sometimes hectic workspace without getting flustered or losing your helpful personality.
- Collaborative Team Player. You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong communicator. Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Open. You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing
- Take an editorial approach to develop and own the content strategy for the blog and monthly newsletter, in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Brand and Communications.
- Develop compelling copy through effective communication and brand story-telling that resonates with customers and prospects for newsletters and blog.
- Develop copy to leverage social media to educate, engage and build the brand across platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tiktok, and Pinterest.
- Developing content and ideas for sponsored content articles, working through the process from ideation and planning to execution and analytics.
- Supporting media relations programs: developing press materials, press releases, briefing notes, speeches, etc.
- Work with partners to develop contributed content on external channels
- Working creatively with the marketing team on campaign development, brainstorming, and ideation
- Collaborate with the design, marketing, and culinary teams to research, develop and execute compelling content.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing team to develop SEO optimized content to drive new users to our content channels.
- Assisting with the development and evolution of the Fresh Prep brand and voice
- Strong time management and organizational skills in order to meet tight deadlines for product/campaign launches
- Analytical thinker with understanding of metrics, tracking and reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in traditional media, social media, digital media, along with research skills to learn more
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and team player with a positive and professional approach.
- Conduct research and investigate relevant content topics to develop original content and leverage across owned channels.
- Identify customers’ needs and recommend new content to bring value and address any gaps.
- Produce high-quality content for thought leadership and executive level interviews, articles, and projects.
- Utilize keyword and technical SEO research to influence content development or optimizations
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a talented Content Strategist to develop and execute content strategies that drive traffic, generate leads, increase engagement, and improve brand awareness. You have experience writing for consumer-facing brands and write in a clear, concise and convincing manner - with attention paid to grammatical accuracy. You demonstrate originality, innovation and multi-disciplinary thinking through your work. You bring ideas to life with vivid language and examples, and keep on top of industry trends. It’s important to edit and proof your written work, refining it to make it best-in-class. You have experience managing CMS platforms such as Wordpress. Loves collaborating with colleagues to come up with big picture, conceptual ideas and excels at managing and prioritizing various projects and deadlines. Bonus – has an interest in cooking and sustainability, and is excited to make these topics approachable and engaging for others
- 3+ years in content strategy
- 3+ years experience in copywriting
- Education or relevant work experience in communications, public relations, or journalism.
- Strong writing, copy editing and proofreading skills
- You are articulate. You have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Even better, you practice empathy in all spheres.
- You understand the importance of details. You don’t sweat the small stuff and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, yet you have a keen ability to recognize nuance.
- You are team-oriented. You understand the importance of a positive attitude, you are always seeking personal and professional growth and you are always there to lend a hand.
- Captivating ideas and the ability to express them
- Advanced knowledge of grammar and spelling
- Experience managing multiple projects at any one time
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- Remote working
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibits discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada
- Vancouver, BC, Canada