Who We Are
Meet Fresh Prep—Western Canada’s most convenient and sustainable meal kit delivery service.
As a certified B Corporation, we make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the communities we operate in. We source quality local ingredients whenever possible, and deliver in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging. We offer 10 chef-created meal kit recipes each week, with options for many lifestyles and preferences including vegetarian and vegan.
Fresh Prep has been selected as one of 2022 BC’s Top Employers and ranked #38 in the Globe and Mail’s 2021 Canada's Top Growing Companies List.
Who You Are
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Reliable & Dependable. You like to see a job well done and will ensure that things are done the “right” way. You show up for all scheduled shifts on time and ready to work.
- Multi-Tasking Hero. You can work in a sometimes hectic workspace without getting flustered or losing your helpful personality.
- Collaborative Team Player. You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong communicator. Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will be responsible for the Project Management and completion of paperwork including, projects, budget, status reports, timesheets, and required engineering documentation
- Design, analysis, programming, and building components to integrate with production machines
- Layout control panels which are NFPA79/NEC/UL508A compliant
- Develop PLC code with an emphasis on generating code that is documented, structured and maintainable.
- Generate aesthetically pleasing and functional HMI systems and work on developing scada systems
- Work on new exciting projects involving robotics and machine vision.
- Introduce automated processes into production, and train and Maintenance and Production Teams to support after deployment into production
- You will follow and complete equipment work instructions for various equipment while testing and ensuring a high quality of work for all documentation released.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
- This Engineer will be in charge of implementing automation lines and coordinating with vendors and contractors to setup a brand new facility. The role will include training and working closely with multiple departments that will be maintaining and using the machines put in place.
- Electrical & Instrumentation / Automation : 3 years (Preferred)
- Strong skill set in interpreting existing documented PLC Code (RSLOGIX) and fault finding
- Strong self starter with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop operational code and commission Allen Bradley Hardware for a new plant is required; Programming and Support packages include: PLC's, HMI's, Servos and data acquisition systems.
- Proficiency building, PLC circuits that include sensors, safety hardware, PLC hardware, remote I/O, VFD and servo systems.
- Proficiency creating detailed electrical and fluid schematics in cad software (EPLAN / AUTOCAD)
- Proficiency with various field bus networks (MODBUS, AB DeviceNeT, Ethernet I/P, ETHERCAT, ProfiBus)
- Knowledge of scada networks, Ignition programming, robotics and quality control systems is a plus
- Ability to use 3D cad software such as SolidWorks/CATIA/AutoCad Inventor is a plus
- Comfortable occasionally working in a temperature controlled environment. The warehouse is kept at between 0 to 10 degrees Celsius
- Ability to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach above and below shoulders; repetitive use of hands
- You are articulate. You have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Even better, you practice empathy in all spheres.
- You understand the importance of details. You don’t sweat the small stuff and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, yet you have a keen ability to recognize nuance.
- You are team-oriented. You understand the importance of a positive attitude, you are always seeking personal and professional growth and you are always there to lend a hand.
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The flexibility to work from home and from our beautiful facility in Calgary
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada