Summer Sales Ambassador
Meet Fresh Prep—Western Canada’s most convenient and sustainable meal kit delivery service.
As a certified B Corporation, we make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the communities we operate in. We source quality local ingredients whenever possible, and deliver in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging. We offer 10 chef-created meal kit recipes each week, with options for many lifestyles and preferences including vegetarian and vegan.
Fresh Prep has been selected as one of 2022 BC’s Top Employers and ranked #38 in the Globe and Mail’s 2021 Canada's Top Growing Companies List.
Who You Are:
We are currently recruiting for a Summer Sales Representative. In this role, you will gain exposure and experience in a field sales environment under one of BC’s most beloved meal kit companies. This is an entry-level, part-time 4-month contract position. You’ll have the opportunity to build communal relationships, hone your sales and marketing skills, network with industry professionals, set up displays, and attend events supporting Fresh Prep and its brand awareness.
- Supporting the Fresh Prep Marketing Team in a particular district, assisting with events and community-based initiatives.
- Leading brand ambassadors to help achieve summer signups, sales goals and KPIs.
- Traveling to several bars, restaurants, businesses and retail outlets daily and being accountable for setting up Point-of-Sale materials in those locations to drive brand awareness of current promotions.
- Supporting customer promotions, including building event displays, ensuring all merchandising tools and promotional materials are maximized through the account and attending lots of events throughout the summer
- This is not your typical day job; every week will look different, and some weeks will require you to work additional evenings and weekends.
- As you progress in the role, you will be expected to develop your sales and industry knowledge in preparation for a future role as a Sales Rep with Fresh Prep
What We Are looking For
- Must be currently enrolled in a 2-year applied diploma or 4-year bachelor’s degree to be considered for this position
- Must have a full driver’s license with clean drivers abstract\Access to a vehicle.
- Ability to take direction while also possessing resilient problem-solving skills
- Must enjoy working independently and in a team environment
- Superior time management skills, coupled with the ability to organize and prioritize
- Previous customer service, merchandising, hospitality industry or sales experience
- Must have a strong desire for long-term Sales driven career
- Outgoing personality - striking up a conversation with anyone, anywhere is second nature to you
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- Competitive pay starting at $25/hour + commission.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, BC, Canada