Operational Excellence Specialist
Who We Are:
Meet Fresh Prep—Western Canada’s most convenient and sustainable meal kit delivery service.
As a certified B Corporation, we make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the communities we operate in. We source quality local ingredients whenever possible, and deliver in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging. We offer 10 chef-created meal kit recipes each week, with options for many lifestyles and preferences including vegetarian and vegan.
Fresh Prep has been selected as one of 2022 BC’s Top Employers and ranked #38 in the Globe and Mail’s 2021 Canada's Top Growing Companies List.
Who You Are:
- Open: You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach problems from both a tactical and empathetic point of view.
- Collaborative Team Player: You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong Communicator: Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Key Lead for lean manufacturing projects
- Ensure timely completion of successful projects
- Strong understanding of lean principles: gemba (floor observations), identifying muda (inefficiency), poka-yoke (error proofing), kanban (pull system), standardized work, OEE (overall equipment effectiveness), heijunka (schedule leveling), PDCA (plan do check act cycle management), 6S (organization)
- Be talented in getting Employee buy in and engagement
- Have great passion towards cleanliness and organization of a production facility
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience in delivering process efficiency and effectiveness in a manufacturing setting
- Experience managing Lean projects
- At minimum Lean and/or Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt certification required, where. Blackbelt certification is strongly preferred
- Automated manufacturing plant experience preferred
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
What You Can Expect:
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our facility located in beautiful North East Calgary
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada