Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Who We Are
Meet Fresh Prep—Western Canada’s most convenient and sustainable meal kit delivery service.
As a certified B Corporation, we make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the communities we operate in. We source quality local ingredients whenever possible, and deliver in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging. We offer 10 chef-created meal kit recipes each week, with options for many lifestyles and preferences including vegetarian and vegan.
Fresh Prep has been selected as one of 2022 BC’s Top Employers and ranked #38 in the Globe and Mail’s 2021 Canada's Top Growing Companies List.
Who You Are
- Positive Attitude. You approach your work and the tasks at hand in an optimistic way and you’re enthusiastic about improvement.
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Able to engage in deep and meaningful work. You are able to prioritize and eliminate distraction to stay focused and on track with your work.
- Resilient. You have a strong sense of self-awareness and are open to broadening your toolkit to set yourself up for success in managing competing priorities and regulating the way you manage stress and frustrations
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning.
- Develop dashboards to track key performance measurements and monitor business performance. Provide management with insights into drivers of revenue and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities.
- Structure, build and maintain complex financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
- Work closely with the leadership team to build the financial infrastructure to support the company's current and future business requirements. Use systems solutions to streamline reporting and automate internal processes.
- Build and mentor a high-performing team that produces rich insights, plans, and forecasts with a high degree of transparency and accuracy.
- Lead strategic projects and support senior leadership on ad hoc research and analysis
- Partner with executive leadership to prepare Board materials, presentations, and quarterly guidance
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in a business or quantitative field
- 5+ years of directly applicable experience with time spent in FP&A handling full P&L.
- Experience leading and developing the Corporate FP&A function in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
- Team player and experience leading a small team.
- Superb analytical/quantitative and communication skills and strong executive presence.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Experience building and optimizing cross-functional FP&A processes and implementing financial planning systems
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team.
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada