Who We Are:
Meet Fresh Prep—Western Canada’s most convenient and sustainable meal kit delivery service.
As a certified B Corporation, we make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the communities we operate in. We source quality local ingredients whenever possible, and deliver in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging. We offer 10 chef-created meal kit recipes each week, with options for many lifestyles and preferences including vegetarian and vegan.
Fresh Prep has been selected as one of 2022 BC’s Top Employers and ranked #38 in the Globe and Mail’s 2021 Canada's Top Growing Companies List.
Who You Are
- Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Collaborative Team Player: You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong communicator: Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable: You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
- Open: You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing
- You’ll create and own the culinary product roadmap and forecasts. You’ll create and articulate a compelling product vision while communicating the customer need, value, and ROI.
- You’ll set the portfolio strategy, own SKU rationalization, and design exit strategies for unsuccessful products.
- You’ll plan and implement long-term development strategies for product categories.
- You’ll lead pricing strategy for new and existing add-on products.
- You’ll make product recommendations to drive discount and promotional campaigns with product marketing.
- You’ll track and communicate actual category performance versus budget, target, and/or forecast.
- You’ll oversee the action plan to meet forecasted financials.
- You will work closely with our team of culinary product developers and product marketing managers to bring new and exciting product offerings to market as well as iterate and improve our existing meal kits and add-ons.
- You’ll partner with product marketing to identify and deliver a multi-year innovation pipeline / product roadmap to enable double-digit growth of our add-ons business, making go / no-go decisions based on product sales & margin contribution.
- You'll partner with the marketing team to build strong innovation sell stories and launch plans.
- You’ll work with marketing to conduct customer research, regularly interacting with existing, churned, and prospective customers to create a deep understanding of our existing and new markets.
- You’ll drive market research in order to understand needs, and identify and fill product gaps.
- You’ll bring forward new ideas to grow market share and increase order rate.
- You’ll use customer feedback and quantitative data to come up with actionable insights and product briefs for the product development team.
- You’ll work to understand customer pain points and drive initiatives to improve the customer experience.
- You’ll scope and prioritize projects based on business and customer requirements, and impact.
- You’ll identify product propositions against consumer trends and turn them into customer offerings using internal and external partners.
- You’ll work with the marketing and data teams to conduct research to understand consumer needs & product optimization, including execution/preparation of product for testing.
- You’ll work collaboratively with marketing, operations, quality assurance and supply chain leaders to align strategy and ensure excellence in execution.
What We Are Looking For
We’re looking for a problem solver who is passionate about growth, solving customer problems, and spotting opportunities. This role is focused on culinary product design and sales and not related to our digital experience. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong analytical background paired with a drive and desire to understand the customer. They aren’t afraid to get into the details when necessary.
- You have 5+ years experience in a category management, product innovation, or product management role.
- You are passionate about culinary trends and competitive innovation.
- You have experience working in consumer packaged goods or an ecommerce environment.
- You are an advanced user of Excel and have experience using Big Query.
- You have excellent analytical skills, using them to make data-driven decisions and evaluate results.
- You can demonstrate a track record of driving transformative initiatives and business results from your past experience.
- You are articulate. You have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate to any audience in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
- You are comfortable in leading and influencing cross-functional teams and all levels of management, as well as external business partners.
- You are a self-starter with a hands-on approach and motivated to drive results with creative and innovative solutions and by communicating a clear vision for the product roadmap.
- New challenges excite you and you are motivated to come up with creative solutions.
- You understand the importance of details. You don’t sweat the small stuff and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, yet you have a keen ability to recognize nuance.
- You are team-oriented. You understand the importance of a positive attitude, you are always seeking personal and professional growth and you are always there to lend a hand.
- You are comfortable working cross-functionally and incorporating feedback from various departments, articulating your ideas, and providing clear reasoning and details to back up your decisions.
- You possess strong organization skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities, and keep timelines and records.
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We’re a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavor to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada