Are you a well-organized and detail-oriented individual who enjoys working in a team environment? Are you determined, enthusiastic, and eager to learn new things? If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for the opportunity to grow and develop new skills, then this Administrative Assistant role might be right for you.
Evergreen is a national not-for-profit helping make cities flourish. Cities that are low carbon, inclusive to all and sustainable at their core.
For 30 years, Evergreen has been making Canadian cities better places to move, work, live, play and grow. We have worked from coast to coast with governments, neighborhood groups, school boards, developers and residents, collaborating to create better communities.
About the Role:
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Chief Program Officer, the Chief Advancement Officer and other management team members. This position will also support the day-to-day operations of the office and assist as needed, with special projects.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Provide direct and comprehensive administrative support to the Chief Program Officer and the Chief Advancement Officer, including:
- management of calendars, schedules, and correspondence
- issuing invitations, collating and circulating materials, note taking and logistical support for meetings
- preparing travel schedules and making travel arrangements
- preparing expense reports
- basic office support, including file management and organizing supplies
- Provide information and referrals to not-for-profit organizations and the general public
- Support the Chief Program Officer, the Chief Advancement Officer and management team with special projects as needs arise
- Work with a team of administrative professionals across the organization to help facilitate cross departmental collaboration
- Engage in communication support by copy-editing documents and reports, helping to write blog posts and other external-facing documents, assisting with the development of website content, supporting document design, and supporting the implementation of communication strategies
- Contribute to positive workplace culture and great internal communication
- Model Evergreen’s core values of sustainability, innovation and connection
You excel in the following areas:
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of others in a way that exceeds their expectations.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Attention to detail. Recognize that details matter. Work systematically to ensure important details do not slip through the cracks.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Manage ambiguity well. Adapt to changing priorities and conditions in an agile way, responding quickly and effectively. React to change with curiosity and excitement.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Demonstrate passion and excitement over work. Display a can-do attitude.
You have the following qualifications:
- 2-3 years of experience in executive-level assistance
- Ability to take initiative, to take direction, and to work independently
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities under pressure
- Excellent computer skills, including demonstrated ease and familiarity with Microsoft Office functions and database programs
- Post-secondary education and/or demonstrated interest or experience working with not-for-profit organizations would be considered assets
- Supervised by: Chief Program Officer and Chief Advancement Officer
- Position is based out of Evergreen’s head office at Evergreen Brick Works in Toronto. Due to COVID 19 pandemic this position will be working remotely and on site as needed.
- Regular office hours (flexible), with some evening and weekends as required
- Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: At Evergreen we are committed to doing what we can to keep our employees, volunteers, and visitors safe and healthy during the current pandemic. We believe that an important part of this effort is to ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, please see our COVID-19 Guide.
- Permanent, full-time, salary
- Target Hire Rate: $43,000 - $48,000
- Employer-paid health and dental benefits package, 3 weeks paid vacation, 3 Evergreen Days and your birthday off, and professional development opportunities.
Application Close Date: Monday, June 6th, 2022
*Please include a cover letter with your resume to be considered for this position.*
Evergreen encourages applications from all backgrounds. To achieve our mission, we rely on the unique experiences and viewpoints of our staff, volunteers, and partners. We understand that diverse perspectives require an inclusive culture in order to thrive - a culture that is respectful and welcoming to all. We are committed to creating a place of inclusion for employees, candidates, volunteers, partners and visitors of all backgrounds, ages, religions, races, gender identities, gender identities, physical abilities or sexual orientations; a place where one can be their whole self, and where that whole self feels celebrated.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest in working with us.
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada