Our vision is socially responsible students pursuing passions for a better world. We are committed to contributing positively to our local and global communities, environmental stewardship, and supporting the wellbeing, and inclusion of all people. Through the pursuit of passions, students will find their unique purpose in the world.
At Collingwood, we seek faculty and staff who live our values of courage, curiosity and community to be in service of others and, who are inspired by our mission to inspire and support young people for meaningful lives.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, from BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color), persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ (persons of all sexual orientations and genders). If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
We are looking for an experienced, driven, dynamic, and collaborative Performing Arts Dance Teacher to join our Morven Campus (Grades 8 to 12). This role will support our dance education program as part of our formal curriculum, and support a range of co-curricular programming. The successful candidate will have extensive experience not only as a dancer, choreographer, dance teacher and educator, but also a working knowledge of all aspects of producing a dance show. The candidate will work collaboratively with our Performing Arts team and may be asked to support the EXL program within the Physical Education Department. This is a Permanent Full-Time position that will start August 26, 2022.
What you will be doing:
- Create a supportive learning environment for students that fosters creativity, and encourages inquiry.
- Document students’ performance, providing timely, constructive feedback.
- Maintain effective communication with parents, colleagues, students and various school leaders.
- Develop and oversee a range of co-curricular programming which engages and inspires students and cultivates a strong sense of community.
- Production of dance shows.
- Collaborate with members of the Physical Health and Education and Performing Arts teams in the on-going development and implementation of the dance program.
- Liaise with external dance experts and choreographers to create opportunities for students and community members to learn from guest artists both in class and in extra-curricular workshops and programs.
- Collaborate with the Drama teachers on choreography for annual musical theatre performance as needed.
What you need:
- It is an asset to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education with a specialization or focus in dance.
- Knowledge of and experience in musical theatre.
- Experience and knowledge of many dance genres, including traditional dance styles from around the world.
- Fluent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- A warm, caring professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills.
- Certified or in the process of becoming certified by the British Columbia Ministry of Education.
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada.
Our “Must Haves”
- Respect, dignity and inclusion for all members of the community
- Collaborative mind-set and courageous approach to adversity
- Demonstrated communications skills (oral and written)
- Creative “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Flexible and adaptable and embraces change
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Enthusiasm, eagerness and genuine interest in all aspects of the school’s success
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal-oriented)
We offer professional development opportunities, competitive salaries, a generous benefits package, including RRSP, Personal Days and access to a Health Spending Account, health and wellness initiatives, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role is a good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment references, by August 18, 2022.
Please visit our website for more information about our school.
- Pay Type Salary
- 70 Morven Dr, West Vancouver, BC V7S 1B2, Canada