School Age Care Worker (Mornings)
Our vision is socially responsible students pursuing passions for a better world. We are committed to contributing positively to our local and global communities, environmental stewardship, and supporting the wellbeing, and inclusion of all people. Through the pursuit of passions, students will find their unique purpose in the world.
At Collingwood, we seek faculty and staff who live our values of courage, curiosity and community to be in service of others and, who are inspired by our mission to inspire and support young people for meaningful lives.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring a barrier-free work environment. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers, from BIPOC (black, indigenous, and people of color), persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ (persons of all sexual orientations and genders). If you are an applicant with a disability, we will work with you to make reasonable workplace accommodations you may need for your best work performance.
- Follow the licensing regulations and School Age Care handbook.
- Interact directly with the children and staff members
- Assist with the planning and set up of the School Age Care rotational classes.
- Establish and maintain positive communication with parents.
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity areas.
- Ensure that all safety and supervision standards are implemented and maintained according to licensing and Collingwood requirements.
- Release children only to those authorized by parent/guardian.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to Collingwood School, the children, their families, and staff.
- Maintain regular attendance, punctuality and professionalism at all times
- Ensure fire, earthquake and wildlife sighting drills are up to date
What you need:
- First Aid certificate
- Completion of Grade 12
- Minimum age requirement of 19
- Courses/Degree/Certificate (at least 20 hours in duration) in child development, guidance health and safety or nutrition and preferably an ECE diploma or certificate
- Experience working with children in a child care setting as an Assistant ECE with ECE certification
- Excellent management, organizational, interpersonal and relationship skills
- Creative flexibility and ability to work in a student-centered environment
- Ability to build collaborative and effective relationships with students, staff, parents and the community
- Canadian residency and legally entitled to work in Canada
Our “Must Haves”
- Respect, dignity and inclusion for all members of the community
- Collaborative mind-set and courageous approach to adversity
- Demonstrated communications skills (oral and written)
- Creative “out-of-the-box” thinker
- Flexible and adaptable and embraces change
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Enthusiasm, eagerness and genuine interest in all aspects of the school’s success
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal-oriented)
We offer professional development opportunities, competitive salaries, health and wellness initiatives, along with one of the most beautiful locations in Canada to work!
If this role is a
good fit, we would love to hear from you! Please submit a cover letter detailing your
suitability for the position along with your resume, including three employment
references, by June 10, 2022.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, September 7, 2022
- 2605 Wentworth Ave, West Vancouver, BC V7S 3H4, Canada