Commerce and Industry - Analyst
The Commerce and Industry Analyst is responsible for ensuring that programs, funds and projects, data management, information on programs and community statistics are properly implemented, maintained and accessible. Moreover, the Commerce and Industry Analyst is actively involved in the conception and development of programs to ensure data-driven decisions are made as the department fulfills its obligations.
- Oversee the conception, development, implementation and operation of the department’s files related to information and data management.
- Plan, implement, and provide technical support in all aspects of economic development initiatives, programs and projects to ensure proper monitoring, reporting and control.
- Ensure coordination and collaboration of available external databases, information sources and other such data so that it remains accessible for the concerned department staff, clients and partners.
- Develop and maintain various databases such as funding resources available for clients as well as other databases required for the operation of the department.
- With the support of Department Managers, prepare funding proposals to support community economic development.
- Provide technical support for clients by reviewing project proposals.
- Identify community training and development requirements to take advantage of economic development opportunities.
- By analyzing data, identify gaps and opportunities in the local and regional economy.
- In collaboration with the Manager of Natural Resources and Sectoral Development, consult with industrial partners to collect economic data.
- In collaboration with the Manager of Programs, gather data on funding program applications.
- Contribute to departmental newsletters and external communications.
- Prepare and develop recommendations for programs, sectoral activities and other department initiatives to ensure decisions and orientations are based on the economic realities locally and regionally.
- In collaboration with the Sectoral development team, participate in the maintenance of the Cree Business Registry.
- Oversee the data collection of the business registry.
- Ensure that the Business Registry is maintained and updated in order to provide prompt quarterly reporting to the Manager of Natural Resources and Sectoral Development.
- Verify missing information in the Business Registry on a monthly basis.
- Assist and cooperate with the Finance department on internal audit of funding programs.
- Prepare and provide monthly financial statistical reports related to funding programs.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports on economic trends within Eeyou Istchee.
- Under the supervision of the Director and department Managers, contribute to quarterly and annual reports.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in the area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Public Administration, Law or related field.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in project management.
- Fluency in Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of economic development and business administration.
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $59,368.00
- Max Hiring Rate $79,256.00
- Montreal, QC, Canada