Division: Consumer Products, Content
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Hybrid - Remote with occasional in office
About the Role
Nelvana Enterprises has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Coordinator at our Toronto location. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for consumer products licensing, marketing and retail support throughout the US and Canada. Day to day responsibilities will include brand marketing materials creation and management, social media marketing, live events and tradeshow coordination, retail marketing project management and overseeing PR team relations. If you are an energetic and flexible team player, with an inner child who is itching to get creative - come work with us at Nelvana!
Reporting to the International Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and executing marketing and retail strategies for several of Nelvana’s priority brands.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and organize key sales materials including pitch decks, sizzles, newsletters, e-blasts and sales sheets to support Licensing, Marketing and Retail teams
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns for Nelvana’s Licensing team including: developing creative briefs and managing delivery and production of promotional assets, vetting influencer partners.
- Work with internal Programming and Marketing teams to ensure Nelvana priorities are communicated
- Support Marketing Manager with ideas for promotional partners across Nelvana properties. This includes brainstorming brand partners as well as kicking off spreadsheets and outreach.
- Lead coordination and management of PR and social media marketing across specified brands and accounts. This may include agency management, influencer research and outreach.
- Maintain annual brand marketing calendars
- Plan, manage and organize materials and scripts for monthly TV advertisements, as well as social media post copy creation and copy review.
- Coordinate materials and planning for key consumer and trade events including client summits, trade shows, and consumer activations.
- Work with Licensing Team to develop and coordinate retail programs including creative concepting, signage development, quoting and vendor management and third party approvals management.
- Knowledge of general business acumen and some software programs (i.e Sensaas, Mediabox, Internal shared drives).
- 1-3 years of experience in related retail, marketing, entertainment or consumer products industries
- A demonstrated passion for brand building, kids’ content, media and emerging trends - you want to be a Marketer!
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business and/or equivalent experience in a related field
- High proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Photoshop, Illustrator and video editing experience preferred
- Excellent project management, prioritization and planning skills
- Marketing skills with a sales mindset
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to demonstrate data management and marketing analysis
- Strong research skills and curiosity for finding things out
- A familiarity with merchandise licensing and product development
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills; ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional organization and manage multiple stakeholders to deliver exceptional results
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends for specific show and brand launch initiatives
- International travel as required
Nelvana is looking for applicants with a passion for kids TV and licensing who can work independently and efficiently, as well as are adept collaborators, skilled multitaskers, naturally curious, and highly organized. Experience in marketing, business, communications, design, or similar is considered an asset.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us, and our workplace pretty unique - and amazing.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family MK-Marketing/Promotions
- Job Function 02-Sales & Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Telecommute % 90
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Job Start Date Monday, August 15, 2022