Production Manager, so.da - So.da
Work Status: Contract - 6 Months
Location: Toronto, ON. Option to work from home/remote with onsite attendance for meetings, shoots and events.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity at our so.da social digital agency for a Production Manager. This role will join other Production Managers on many of the Corus brands and client projects. You will work directly with the production team, strategy team, sales team, managed services team, marketing team, clients and other stakeholders to manage and support projects in development and production.
Reporting to so.da’s Lead Production Manager, you will be responsible for managing so.da’s production and post projects that range from static illustrations to multi episode series. In this role you will manage budgets, schedules and logistics on multiple projects in pitch and in progress.
So.da’s content production department works closely with its brands, clients and stakeholders to produce data driven creative that drives results. So.da is at the heart of one of Canada’s biggest media companies. It is a full-service, social digital agency offering strategy, content production, analytics and everything in between.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Create, manage and lead production and post-production schedules and project budgets
- Provide production support for writers/producers/editors/graphic designers from project inception to completion
- Lead managing small and large scale social/digital client shoots
- Negotiate rates and fees, create work back schedules, hire and contract freelancers and work with other departments to secure resources
- Provide on-set management
- Research and proactively recommend solutions and help refine processes
- Understanding of social and digital media industry trends and algorithm changes
- Knowledge of best practices and specs for social and digital content an asset
What We Need From You:
- A minimum of 5+ years of production management for client social and/or digital videos
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, experience working directly with clients on sales projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to detail
- Experience leading live-action production shoots and working with small and large production budgets
- Experience in managing the post-production process from ingest to delivery
- Connected to a large network of production freelancers
- Demonstrated ability in tracking budgets and strong negotiation skills
- Can work on multiple projects at various stages of production in a fast-paced environment
- Well-verse in Microsoft Office applications and Google docs/sheets/calendar, experience in Adobe Creative Cloud a bonus
- Positive attitude, self motivated and resourceful
- Passion for creating engaging and impactful social media video content
- Knowledge of Corus brands
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family MK-Marketing/Promotions
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, July 4, 2022