Promotions Coordinator - Promotions and Public Relations
Division:Corus Radio Toronto, Q107, 102.1 The Edge & AM640
Work Status: Full-time
About the role
Corus Radio has an exciting opportunity for a Toronto FM/AM Events and Promotions Coordinator in the Toronto office. Reporting to the Promotions Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and executing both station and client events and managing the station street teams while assisting all areas of the Promotions Department to grow Corus Radio Toronto’s profile and position within the community.
- Develop, construct, implement and manage programming and sales promotions including writing proposals, execution and prizing
- Management of all facets of the street team for each radio brand, including, hiring, coaching, training, scheduling
- Management of all stations’ live broadcasts, remotes, community activations. Includes liaising with engineering, sales, programming, clients, partners, etc. to execute all events.
- Responsible for all our social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) with posting all our events.
- Maintenance of all stations’ promo assets
- Management of all stations’ swag, apparel
- Management of all stations’ community partnerships; from proposal to execution. (i.e. Q Canada Day Picnic, Pride Weekend, Toy Drive)
- Work with fellow Promotions Coordinators and Promotions Manager to manage and maintain these external events
- Participate in the writing of station promos, liners and imaging for all events
- Work with the interactive team and Promotions Manager on all promotional assets including; Social Networking, Listeners Clubs e-blasts and website updates.
- Manage and execute social media strategy and calendar across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok with the guidance of the Social Strategist
- Staying on top of the latest social trends to create content in a timely manner
- Respond in a timely manner to audiences when they have questions, inquiries, or comments on our content, or brand
What we need from you:
- Must be creative, outgoing, and have major market Radio experience - minimum 2 years
- Possess a solid understanding of the business of radio and selling media.
- Must be able to work before, during or after normal business hours and weekends (as needed) as well as be ready to take on shifts with little or immediate notice.
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach.
- Create a positive atmosphere internally and help to create “culture” needed for teamwork, accountability, innovation, initiative and knowledge
- The ability to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
- Ability to think on your feet and possess excellent, concise problem solving abilities.
- Social Media savvy
- Must have an enthusiastic approach to all activities and responsibilities
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task under constant and varied deadlines
- PowerPoint presentation computer skills required
- Training at a credited broadcast institute or Post-Secondary education related to promotions/marketing would be considered an asset
- Photoshop and design skills would be considered an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Unafraid of “grunt work” (i.e. lifting, dragging, stuffing, hanging, getting dirty)
- Must possess a valid G driver's license with a clean driving record
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family MK-Marketing/Promotions
- Job Function 11-Sales Operations/Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, May 30, 2022