Marketing Director, Drama & Kids
Marketing Director, Drama & Kids
Division: Drama & Kids - Marketing General
Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON. Option for combination of onsite and remote/work from home.
About the Role:
Corus has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Director on the Drama & Kids brand portfolio. In this role, you will own the overall brand strategy and communications plan across some of Canada’s biggest media brands. You will lead the Drama & Kids Marketing team, and be a key member of the Marketing Leadership team, reporting directly to the VP of Network and Multiplatform marketing.
You'll be working on things like:
- Owning the strategic marketing plan, you are responsible for developing an approach to marketing that helps deliver on corporate goals and accelerate growth opportunities
- Leading the Drama & Kids Marketing team, you are responsible for strategic oversight in the development and execution of plans, as well as personal growth and development for each team member
- Constantly testing and learning, you will use data to analyze our marketing efforts and prove attribution from our plans and investments
- Working closely with cross-functional partners, including in-house Media, Creative, Social and Publicity agencies, you will collaborate and define the various communications plans and brand positioning
- Working closely with senior stakeholders throughout the organization, you will be the trusted marketing advisor, gaining alignment on our approach and plans
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- 10+ years of brand marketing experience
- Experience managing and fostering high-performing teams
- Extensive experience in media planning across mass and digital media
- Proven track record of stakeholder management
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated self-starter – your job is so much what you make of it, and you don’t need to wait to be asked to try something new
- Strong knowledge and point of view about the media landscape- including well thought-out positions on trends, opportunities and category direction, as well as direct cross-platform and attribution expertise.
- An experienced leader
- Strong collaborative skills
- Resilience and eagerness to thrive in disrupted industry
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family MK-Marketing/Promotions
- Job Function 02-Sales & Marketing
- Pay Type Salary