Publicist - STACKTV
Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON.
About the Role: We are hiring a seasoned Publicist to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Publicity Manager, Drama, Kids, Nelvana and STACKTV, you will be overseeing all publicity efforts for STACKTV (Corus Entertainment’s premium streaming service featuring content from 13 of Canada’s top TV networks including Global, Food Network Canada, HGTV Canada, W Network, The HISTORY Channel, Adult Swim, Slice, Showcase, National Geographic, Lifetime, TELETOON, Treehouse and YTV). Candidates must have a passion for entertainment and have proven success leading and executing strategic and innovative publicity campaigns that deliver outstanding results. A minimum of five years’ experience working in a media relations, publicity or communications capacity required.
You'll be working on things like:
- Develop always-on strategies and communication opportunities to proactively advance the STACKTV brand
- Increase discoverability and brand awareness for the service with both trade and consumer media
- Develop creative PR opportunities that stand out in a cluttered media environment – execute on those strategies with media, influencers and viewers
- Develop strategic and engaging publicity support materials – including press releases, key message documents, communication plans, press kits, presentations and reports as required
- Proactive and ongoing relationship building and marketing to Canada’s top entertainment journalists and influencers across platforms
- Work closely with publicity, marketing, social, digital, and creative teams to develop innovative and fully integrated campaigns
- Develop and execute events, experiential opportunities, media junkets, influencer campaigns and interview opportunities in support of short and long term strategic objectives
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Strengthen, manage and protect the reputation and brand by helping manage issues to mitigate impact to the brand’s reputation
- Track media and influencer coverage on an ongoing basis and communicate strategy and results effectively to key stakeholders
- Work with leadership to support team engagement, strengthen publicity skills and encourage new and innovative thinking for junior team members
If you have the following…we want to hear from you!
- Undergraduate degree in PR / Communications
- Passionate and knowledgeable of Canadian entertainment, streaming and media industries
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a media relations, publicity or communications capacity, preferably in the entertainment industry or at an agency
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- A track-record of executing out-of-the-box ideas, demonstrating new and innovative thinking, and securing strong, multi-platform media coverage
- Ability to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong working relationships with entertainment, technology and lifestyle media across print, TV, radio and online (websites, blogs, influencers)
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work well under pressure, manage a high volume of work and multiple projects under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills for teamwork and collaboration is a must across different areas of the business
- Ability to work and move campaigns forward independently
- Self-starter who is solutions-focused and results-driven
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong technical skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MRP, Cision, CNW and Photoshop
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family CO-Communications
- Job Function 02-Communications & Corporate Affairs Generalists
- Pay Type Salary