Commercial Building Operator - Property Management (BC)
Concert is continuing to grow in communities across Canada and we are looking for a talented professional to join the Concert Property Management team as a Commercial Building Operator.
This role reports directly to a Building Manager located in Vancouver, BC. The Building Operator supports and performs the administrative and maintenance operations of an office building (109,083 sq. ft.) located in Vancouver and an office building (74,679 sq. ft.) located in North Vancouver to maintain a first-class standard that enhances property appeal and provide consistent and superior tenant satisfaction.
- Identify and take action to perform all hands-on, repair and maintenance to the building areas, building exterior, grounds/parking areas, service rooms, etc.
- Assist with and perform preventative maintenance to all building equipment and systems including filter changes (where qualified and directed) Building walkthroughs and inspect mechanical and electrical rooms
- Ensure grounds and common areas are well maintained Expeditiously handle all building maintenance requests from tenants in a professional and courteous manner
- Update and maintain all necessary maintenance records Assist with maintaining the appearance and monitoring of the waste and recycling area
- Plumbing, minor electrical, door closer and lock repairs Minor drywall repairs and painting
- Respond to tenant’s requests for HVAC and make adjustments as needed Participate in the fire and life safety procedures
- Respond to emergencies such as security breaches, property damage, fires or floods, etc. Respond to after hour call-outs for emergency situations as scheduled
- Travel throughout the Lower Mainland as required to support our operations. Promote and assist with recommendations for improvements to the building that relate to sustainability, energy conservation implementation, and recycling, composting and waste reduction.
- The Building Operator will rotate being on call after hours and on weekends and Holidays, and when on call will be reachable at all times by cell phone.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a related trade or in commercial building maintenance position.
- Ability to physically carry out duties of a Building Operator Must have good oral and written English skills and strong interpersonal skills to deal with residents, contractors, and staff in a professional manner.
- Basic computer skills: use of Outlook, Word and Excel and smart phone operations Knowledge of governing legislation such as the Human Rights Code, Personal Information Protection Act, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety (Worksafe BC).
- Knowledge of and experience in performing tasks related to building systems and general building repairs Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required.
Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team in building a people-first future.
Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for 2022!
We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees. Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
- Job Family Concert
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Vancouver, BC, Canada