Project Accountant - Development Accounting (BC)
Vancouver, BC, Canada Req #91
Monday, May 16, 2022
About Concert Properties
Putting people first is at the heart of the Concert story. We are deeply invested in improving the lives of the people who live and work in our communities, acknowledging that communities are more than just buildings. We focus on quality, consistency, and sustainability, and our business is driven by warm, passionate people who embody a desire to help each of us feel more connected to one another.
Since 1989, our real estate portfolio has grown to an asset value of $6 billion and includes condominiums, rentals, seniors' active aging communities, industrial and commercial properties, and public infrastructure projects across Canada.
We are looking for a Project Accountant to join Concert’s Vancouver Development Finance Accounting team. The successful candidate will be responsible providing support to Development Finance team and requires the successful applicant to energetically tackle a wide range of accounting duties. This position is located Downtown, Vancouver and will report to the Controller, Development Finance.
- Prepare monthly funding requests and construction loan draws, ensuring complete and accurate information is disseminated to all funding providers. Maintain and monitor loan, deposit insurance and its interest balances.
- Review accounts payable and assist in maintaining up-to-date, complete, and accurate accounts payable and project costing records.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements reporting through preparation of all required supporting information and schedules.
- Coordinate with Sales and Marketing staff in the preparation and maintenance of numerous reports and schedules, including but not limited to sales documentations, purchaser deposits, mortgage approvals, as well as executing commissions payments.
- Update the property tax assessment and property tax notice tracker and coordinate with Corporate Accounting to ensure all property taxes are paid in a timely manner.
- Assist the Senior Accountant to liaise with external lawyers and sales staff to ensure accurate and timely information for the sales closing process.
- Prepare monthly project level accounting information and financial reporting, including but not limited to a trial balance review, reconciliation of the general ledger, posting journal entries, and analyzing and explaining variances and ratios.
- Assist with the creation, documentation and implementation of accounts payable digital transformation strategy and process changes.
- Update and document existing departmental processes and procedures, providing recommendation for any improvements if necessary.
- Assist the Senior Accountant with the creation and preparation of project status reports of straightforward stand-alone projects.
- Support development and construction teams with commitment setup and ad hoc reporting.
- Other accounting duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least two years of general accounting experience, real estate development or construction industry experience preferred but not necessary.
- Currently enrolled in the CPA program preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, with a commitment to producing high quality work, including thorough self-review.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with Yardi is a plus.
- Strong team player, with willingness to assist others as needed.
- Curious, enthusiastic and a desire and aptitude to grow and progress professionally within a supportive environment.
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
Join the Concert Team in building a people-first future.
Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for 2022! We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees.
Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness.
- Job Family Concert
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada