Building Operator - Property Management CRS (BC)
Vancouver, BC, Canada Req #89
Monday, April 25, 2022
About Concert Properties
Putting people first is at the heart of the Concert story. We are deeply invested in improving the lives of the people who live and work in our communities, acknowledging that communities are more than just buildings. We focus on quality, consistency, and sustainability, and our business is driven by warm, passionate people who embody a desire to help each of us feel more connected to one another.
Since 1989, our real estate portfolio has grown to an asset value of $6 billion and includes condominiums, rentals, seniors' active aging communities, industrial and commercial properties, and public infrastructure projects across Canada.
This role reports directly to the Operations Manager and oversees the administrative and maintenance operations of an assigned building within Burnaby, working with building support staff to maintain a first-class standard that enhances property appeal and provide consistent and superior tenant satisfaction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure the completion of all building maintenance requests from Tenants in a professional & courteous manner, carry out the repair, and when necessary, call in a sub-trade. Keep tenants informed, verbally and in writing, and follow through as required.
- Conduct regular building, ground and unit inspections and follow up with any maintenance required.
- Oversee the routine housekeeping and preventive maintenance and repairs throughout the property, including all interior and exterior common areas:
- Establish and monitor maintenance schedules for on-site staff
- Supervise and monitor building operation staff including Day Porter to ensure quality work and adherence to Concert’s Policies, Principals and Vision
- Co-ordinate and supervise routine and preventive maintenance to mechanical, electrical, and plumbing system as performed by outside contractors
- Identify, investigate, and rectify heating and/or cooling issues, adjust programmable thermostats, change air filters as directed.
- Ongoing liaison with contractors and other suppliers, obtain quotes for work required.
- Ensure that all contractors’ performance (work and customer service) meet Concert’s standards.
- Complete incident reporting for all break-ins, property damage, fires or floods and advise the operations Manager and Property Manager.
- Daily monitoring & pro-active management of building automated systems.
- Daily cleaning inspections. Liaising with the janitorial contractor.
- Coordinate all major capital projects and monitor all construction activities within the building. Review and provide commentary on Tenant Improvement plans. Ensure all contractors and Tenants abide by the Tenant Design/Improvement Guidelines and Construction Rules and Regulations.
- Complete minor plumbing repairs and identify issues requiring the attention of a plumber.
- Minor electrical repairs such as change light switches, and electrical outlets, install a light fixture, change a ballast (120 Volt only) etc., if licensed. Contact electricians as required.
- All other hands-on housekeeping, repair, and maintenance services to the common areas & washrooms, building exterior, walkways, parking areas, etc. in order to maintain a first-class appearance.
- Inspection and physical replacement of all air filters on make-up air units.
- Test emergency generator and fire alarm system once every month and complete emergency generator log sheet. Coordinate bi-annual maintenance of generator and monitor fuel storage tanks.
- Monitor and maintain access system including timed events, access card activations, cancellations, etc.
- Directing, coordinating, and participating in the fire and life safety operations and procedures.
- Schedule and oversee Tenant move-ins and move-outs.
- Seasonal maintenance and inspections as required.
- Promote and assist with recommendations for improvements to the building that relate to sustainability, energy conservation implementation, and recycling, composting and waste reduction.
- Learn and utilize the following software systems in order to carry out the requirements of the position: Procure to Pay System, the CRM customer service system, Access control system, DDC Control System.
- The Building Manager will rotate with the Building Operations team being on call after hours and on weekends and Holidays, and when on call will be reachable at all times by cell phone.
- High school diploma supplemented with post-secondary courses
- 5 years in all areas of building operations, including mechanical, fire and safety, electrical and HVAC systems. General building construction knowledge and experience. Ability to read, review and comprehend construction drawings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- 5th class power engineer is an asset
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Effective time management skills and ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs with specific emphasis on Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record.
Join the Concert Team in building a people-first future. Concert is proud to have been named one of BC’s Top Employer for 2022! We are a proud Canadian company, providing quality employment across the country and working together with the people we serve to realize our vision – building resilient, inclusive, sustainable committees. Our success is based on our employees – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. We truly value our team members and offer competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits and perk programs that support and promote employee health and wellness. At Concert, we value diversity, equity and inclusion and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Concert.
- Job Family Concert
- Pay Type Salary
- Vancouver, BC, Canada