Senior Manager, Human Resources
OmniaBio Inc, a subsidiary of Toronto-based CCRM, is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) producing gene-modified cell therapies and viral vectors, compliant with cGMP standards.
The facility has support from the Government of Ontario, via the Invest Ontario Fund, and is the first project to be funded through the Life Sciences Strategy. The facility will be built in phases with the ultimate goal of building the largest facility of its kind in Canada (over 350,000 sq ft). OmniaBio is Canada’s first commercial-scale CDMO dedicated to cell and gene therapies.
Located on the biomanufacturing campus at McMaster Innovation Park (Hamilton, ON), OmniaBio will catalyze life sciences careers and innovation in Canada while advancing pioneering medicine with the potential to cure, not just treat, many forms of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, Parkinson’s, and diabetes, amongst others. OmniaBio will support a broad range of cell and gene therapy companies globally, enabling pivotal/Phase III and commercial-scale manufacturing. OmniaBio will complete CCRM’s continuum of process development, clinical and commercial capabilities. CCRM is a leader in developing and commercializing regenerative medicine-based technologies, and cell and gene therapies.
- Facilitating new employee and leader orientation;
- Partnering with the HR Director on organizational design initiatives and supporting the leaders with the implementation of their future state structures, writing new job descriptions, and participating in the job evaluation process as a key member of the Job Evaluation Committee;
- Partnering with the HR Director in the performance management process by planning and coordinating the delivery of talent sessions, calibration sessions, and finalizing year-end compensation;
- Building and implementing key reward and recognition programs;
- Owning the current Mentorship program and completing annual reviews to create improvements to the program and maximize participation across OmniaBio;
- Attending key business partner meetings and partnering to provide advice and counsel as required;
- Anticipating and planning for future human capability needs by analyzing and interpreting workforce information, reviewing results of employee surveys, and discussing top-of-mind issues and concerns with the business and HR Director;
- Reviewing current HR tools, programs and systems to ensure we continue to meet the needs of the business;
- Managing early talent programs for Operations (internships/co-ops) and lead/co-lead the Employee Engagement Committee and associated activities.
- You can demonstrate experience in an HR generalist or consulting role and have a solid understanding of HR concepts, policies, practices and governance/legislation.
- You influence without authority and know that relationships and networks are essential to success.
- You proactively seek new opportunities to define what’s possible.
- You embrace and champion change.
- You find meaning in relationships and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners.
- You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or an equivalent field of study and 4+ years of experience in HR.
- You have demonstrated experience partnering with larger operations teams across various industries. Pharmaceutical, health care, or related technical industries are preferred.
- You have strong experience with HRIS systems.
OmniaBio Inc. is a developing organization and represents a fluid working environment. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, and duties will be influenced by the needs of the organization.
OmniaBio Inc. is committed to accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona fide requirements for the open position. Applicants should make their requirements known once contacted to schedule an interview, or when the job offer has been made.
- Pay Type Salary