Community Development Engineer - FT Perm
- Disclose vaccination status during the hiring process (in a respectful and confidential manner
- Provide documentation to support vaccination status prior to a job offer
- Participate in our rapid testing program and meet our vaccination deadlines for single-dose vaccine candidates
Why work for the Town of Canmore? For starters, you can take great pride in our collaborative organization, its positive work culture, and our amazing group of talented people. Our staff genuinely care about our community and accomplish outstanding work each day for its citizens. The Community Development Engineer is responsible for ensuring community growth and development is consistent with municipal policy and plans, and the Town’s Engineering Design and Construction Guidelines.
Position Overview: Reporting to the Municipal Engineer, the Community Development Engineer contributes to core functions within the Engineering Department, with a primary focus on development related engineering activities. Job responsibilities include review of development applications, and involvement in development related asset management, and capital project delivery. This position also assists in the building and maintenance of infrastructure and development that is safe and sustainable in accordance with the Town of Canmore’s guiding documents. Fulfillment of the Community Development Engineer’s work requires working with the development community, collaborating with Town departments, engaging in public consultations, liaising with other levels of government and municipal jurisdictions, as well as procuring and managing services as they relate to development reviews, asset management, planning, design, and capital construction work.
For a full position description, please click here.
Attributes: At the Town of Canmore, we are committed to hiring first for attitude and then for skill, which means that you’ll need to demonstrate a proven track record of working positively and collaboratively with others, while also delivering to project objectives. This position requires a confident, personable, and approachable self-starter who takes initiative, but can work successfully in a strong team-oriented environment and collaborate with a diversity of internal and external stakeholders. You have exceptional communication and client service skills and have a talent for getting what you need from others to achieve your deliverables, ensuring overall team success. You must be an EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONAL CIVIL ENGINEER in good standing and licensed or eligible to be licensed to practice in Alberta. A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. Exceptional organizational habits, people skills, the ability to set and meet realistic deadlines and strong computer, analytical and problem-solving skills will help you to be successful in this role.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary Range: $80,717.00 to $90,217.40 (based on a 35-hour work week) Pay rate will be calculated based on successful candidate’s related work experience and education
- Competitive benefits package & personal wellness plan
- Generous RSP matching plan
- EDO-Earned Day Off program
- Personal development & learning opportunities
- Positive work culture
- Work-Life Balance
Closing Date for Applications: This posting will remain open until May 29, 2022.
How to Apply: Please click on the "Apply Now" link below and upload your cover letter and resume. To help us learn more about you, in your cover letter please clearly detail the following:
1. Why you want to work as the Community Development Engineer for the Town of Canmore.
2. What interpersonal and leadership skills you have that would make you a great addition to our team.
3. The technical highlights of your Civil Engineering experiences that would make you a good fit for this role.
Prior to beginning work, the successful candidate will be required to submit all required certifications and
documentation, including driver`s abstract and records checks. The Town of Canmore wishes to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family Exempt Professionals
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Exempt Employee
- Min Hiring Rate $80,717.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,217.40
- 902 7 Ave, Canmore, AB T1W 2B6, Canada