Webmaster - 070 - Communications
Position: WebmasterStatus: Permanent, Full-timeLocation: Provincial OfficeVancouver, BCClosing Date: June 30, 2021 (Midnight EST)
About the position:
Acting as a technical web expert in the Communications department and working closely with the Digital Strategies team, the Webmaster is responsible for maintaining and maximizing digital functionality for the main BC SPCA web properties and sub site properties, mainly the Adoption site, supported by the Digital Specialist.
Primary responsibility lies in managing the Wordpress site with supporting Luminate Online and its integration with other systems. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining and updating website functions within the BC SPCA main site, departmental projects and campaigns while providing guidance to the Digital Specialist to execute ongoing maintenance and projects. This role also leads and manages projects for web development with external contractors as necessary.
You are technologically savvy, always meeting and exceeding high standards of accuracy and quality. You are capable of working within established systems, standards and procedures. You are able to identify technical problems and develop sound, carefully though-out solutions
You are a self-motivated, energetic collaborator who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and have a desire to stay updated on current and new technologies. Familiarity with the non-profit environment is a plus.
The BC SPCA is 125 years young and getting better. We are a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals throughout BC. We’re passionate about helping animals live safe, healthy and loved lives, and about helping their humans too. We’re the only animal welfare organization in B.C. that has the authority to enforce laws relating to animal cruelty. And, we’re one of North America’s most progressive animal welfare organizations with evidence-based standards of care. We’re knowledge leaders.
Knowledge, skills and abilities to succeed in this role:
• Post-secondary diploma/degree in relevant field plus a minimum of 5-8 years’ relevant experience or an equivalent combination of knowledge, education, and experience acceptable to the Employer.
o Highly experienced working with Wordpress platform and supportive non-profit systems. (We currently use Luminate Online as our online/digital front end).
• Must have sound understanding of:
o Basic graphic design for user experience
o Knowledge of Code Management, repository system (GitLab)
o Adobe Creative Suite - specifically Photoshop
o working with 3rd party APIs
o cross browser and platform testing for functionality
o creating HTML emails and the possibilities and limitations of them
o responsive design and the differences between mobile/desktop browsers
o Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and any other rules/laws around email subscriptions
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills needed to define user application requirements, evaluate technology applications, and explain complex concepts to less technical users in a way that they can understand and easily follow.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
• Time management, accountability and prioritization (triage) skills.
• Ability to be open and collaborating, effectively working in a team environment as well as being a self-starter with the ability to work independently with little direction.
• Tenacious and inquisitive; eager to explore challenges and collaboratively challenge assumptions.
• Solutions oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills and a keen attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Philosophical harmony with the vision, mission, and strategic direction of the BC SPCA.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 1245 E 7th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5T 1R1, Canada
- 2816 Tranquille Rd, Kamloops, BC V2B 3L4, Canada
- 3150 Napier Ln, Victoria, BC V8T 4V5, Canada
- 3785 Casorso Rd, Kelowna, BC V1W 4M7, Canada