Event Coordinator, Banff AB
The Groups & Catering Coordinator provides administrative support to the events team. They are passionate about creating memorable events for our guests. The events coordinator is a key member of our Event & Groups team who work at our Head Office. The schedule is most often during a Monday – Friday Schedule with the occasional event outside of office hours. This is a great opportunity for someone who is planning to remain in Banff for 1 year or longer and grow their career in hospitality. If you have a can-do attitude and believe in fostering a supportive and fun work environment then you are the right person for us!
This Position Offers:
- Permanent / Full-time
- Anniversary bonus up to $1000
- 40% off food & 27% off beverage at 6 restaurants in town
- Fun staff events; staff parties, BBQs
- Help with immigration applications (this is a NOC B position)
- Excellent health & wellness programs; FREE yoga, FREE canoe and golf passes
- Discounted Lux movie tickets
- Discounted ski pass
- 25% off spa services
- Health & dental benefit eligibility after 6 months
- Complimentary hotel stays
- Free local bus pass
- Eligibility to become an employee shareholder (that’s right, you can become an owner!)
- These are just a few of our Benefit! Check out the rest of our benefits here: https://blcemployees.com/benefits/
The right candidate embodies the Caribou spirit including:
- You are a fun, enthusiastic team leader
- Professional, accountable, flexible and responsive
- Outgoing personality with commitment to providing a high level of customer service
- An excellent communicator who is effective in choosing the communication tools and techniques in a time sensitive environment
- Is proficient using a computer and relevant software including MS Office Maestro (or another PMS)
- Has strong organizational skills and excellent attention to fine details
- The ability to maintain a light hearted, positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- A multi-tasker who works well independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some weekends and holidays. Travel may be required.
- Is fun and enjoys their work
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare files including contracts, room blocks, charge routing, BEO’s and templates.
- Prepare documents for meetings and special events
- Communicate via telephone, email and Zoom
- Property Site Inspections and meeting onsite with clients
- Follow up to event inquires and follow through with the sales and booking process
- Ensure group rooming lists are entered in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with the administration of key group accounts and events
- Assist the sales team to sell rooms, event space and food & beverage services.
- Ensure booking information is efficiently and effectively communicated to all departments
- Ensure all group files are complete and ready to be passed to the hotels for event execution
- Update information on external web sites, such as Hotelplanner.com.
- Maintain sales kits to be distributed at hotels
- Prepare group invoice
- Communicate with Corporate Clients and Wholesalers for availabilities and rates, and create contracts.
- Other tasks and projects as required
We're really glad that you are interested in this job and we look forward to reviewing your application. We appreciate all of the applications that we receive, and we will contact qualified candidates as soon as possible. You can learn more about our great Employee Benefits & Perks and what it means to work with an Employee-Owned company here.
Banff Caribou Properties is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of all employees.
- Job Family Sales and Marketing Salary
- Pay Type Salary
- 229 Bear St Suite 300, Banff, AB T1L 1H8, Canada